Used 2005 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews

Used RSX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

RSX S-Type- Not Just for Kids

Matthew M., 03/24/2006

I've owned the RSX S-Type since Dec 1, 04. I took my wife's TSX in for an oil change and test drove the RSX while I was waiting. I went back the next day and bought the RSX. The general manager asked who the car was for. I said for me, do you think I'm too old (55 at the time). I love it. It is by far the most fun car to drive I have ever had and the most sporty. The sport does add a much stiffer suspension than some may like but for handling you can't beat it. It loves the on ramps to the interstate and the faster you drive it the better it sticks. The higher the revs the better and it will fly in the higher rev range. Best car in this class for the money, period.

Excellent!!

dendron, 09/03/2006

What a shame Acura has decided to discontinue this model beyond 2006! The RSX -- especially the Type-S -- is major bang for the buck. Grab one before they're gone. I owned a 2002 Type-S, which I loved, until the refinements of the 2005-06 were introduced... then I had to trade. My 2005 is a noticeable improvement over the earlier varsion. A very nice blend of luxury, economy, and performance for under $25K. Several reviewers have complained about the rough ride. This is primarily due to the crappy Michelin touring (M+S) tires Acura shackles this car with from the factory. An upgrade to a set of oversized General UHP summer tires TOTALLY transformed this car for me. BIG difference!

Can't beat it!

jammin05s, 04/06/2006

I love this car. You will truly appreciate the power out of a stock 4 cylinder engine. More than 50 horse power per cylinder!! Performance you can't imagine from a company that did.

I am smiling again

PACA, 08/28/2016
Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving Acura’s for the past 25 years. I had a 91 & 99 Integra GSRs and must say these cars for the money were the best all around. Stepped up to a couple of TLs and was quite disappointed with the Acura Brand as I questioned build quality. Decided to give the brand one more chance by purchasing used 05 RSX Type-s. This car as I recalled from the past has a solid build quality with lots of fun factor. Mechanically sound with no problems, excellent gas mileage and a NATURALLY aspirated 210 hp engine. Six speed gear shift is remarkable even with 161K miles.

Fun little car

statusone, 05/14/2012

This was my first car ever and I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was vivid blue pearl and I had the type-s so the wheels looked amazing as well. The car was definitely a head turner and everyone seemed to like, people would let me thru in traffic (this doesn't happen in something like a bimmer). It is a Honda so it is reliable as the universe and I had it serviced at Honda (since no Acura dealership was built near me at the time) and I got Honda prices, but Acura prices aren't that bad actually for a luxury car. It isn't as fast as you'd expect a 210 hp car to be. The problem is you have to wind it up to 6500 rpm to get it going and there's very little torque. But a fun drive nevertheless

So far it's been amazing

cczajka21, 10/17/2014

I bought this car about a month ago with only 84,000 miles on it. For being almost 10 years old, I thought that was pretty good. I have always loved this kind of car and ended up finding one when I wasn't even looking. After the first test drive i fell in love. The 6 speed is amazing and so much fun to drive. It has the perfect amount of power for me and it handles great. I was worried about the mpg because before this car I had a corolla and got excellent gas mileage. I go to college in a big city so I figured that would lower my mpg but I'm getting an average of 29.5 which I thought was good. So far I have had no problems and hope it stays that way so i can keep this car for a long time.

Silver Rocket!!

Tom, 05/02/2005

A fantastic car! Amazing performance from a 4 cyclinder engine (and good fuel economy as well). Short-throw 6 speed is perfect. Build quality is exceptional. Feels tighter than a drum. Stock stereo is quite good as well. Perfect car for those who want great performance but don't want the higher fuel costs and "boy racer" looks of some of the others.

Fast Junk

Time 4 a change, 07/07/2006

I had a 2002 RSX base that I loved. Then got hit by a red light runner which wasted the car. I went out and bought a 2005 Type S thinking it would be even bette. WRONG! This thing is junk. I've had it in the shop more times that I can remember. The struts have been fixed/replaced at least 5 or 6 times, the moonroof stopped sealing and had to be replaced, I have numerous rattles in the dash and doors. All this started at 750 miles and it now has 10,000 and is still going. I've had to file a lemon law claim as one deal just stopped returning my calls. I have well over 40 days of shop time and I can say that the TL is junk too since I've had it as a loaner car all this time too.

Adrenaline Rush

Nauman, 09/21/2005

as far as performance is concerned, its got more then enough for any stupid ticket your trying to get. after 3k revs this car jumps to life like nothing else. stock/ it will hang with v8's. i have just under 8k on mine, no mods except the subs, and no real racing experience. this car managed to pull me out of a deadly situation on the highway at over 120mph. it also destroyed countless red light revvers. has gotten an otherwise ordinary man tons of attention. and has people wondering what my hurry is. if you wanna know what a cheap thrill really is, go out and get one of these bad boys...

DJHonda84, 10/17/2005

My previous car was a Mazda MX-5 Miata. I enjoyed it a lot, however due to the need of more passenger and cargo room, I had to replace it. I wanted something that sacrificed as little of the driving experience I had grown accustomed to as possible. I wanted something with two-doors, 4-seat minimum, light-weight, sport-tuned suspension, decent cargo room and fuel economy. I chose the RSX for many reasons. It satisfied the criteria listed above, I had a good ownership experience of a Honda in the past, and the styling fit me. I chose the type-S trim for the same reason anyone else would chose it: more power and tighter suspension than the base model.

12345...8