Used 2012 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Money Pit
By Ms Brown

2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my 2nd Acura vehicle. I previously owned a 2005 MDX, which I loved and would have kept if the spark plug hadn't broken off in the engine and ruined it! I purchased this 2012 RDX Turbo used. After less than 2 years of owning it, the transmission had to be replaced. I admit, I put about 30K on in in those 2 years, but I also did EVERY suggested and required maintenance! This vehicle has been nothing but a money pit ever since.

Good for the price
By Anton

2012 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase this after I sold my Jeep. This SUV is fun to drive and roomy on the inside for me I am 6.2. My only problem is the interior could have been of a high quality and the Infotainment system needs getting use to with all the buttons. But overall it’s not a bad vehicle.

Stealth Sports Car in SUV package
By Brian

2012 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Easy to own needing oil and tires. Fun to drive with lots of get up and go. Excellent in the snow and 22 miles to the gallon. Bluetooth for phone and Pandora make this really easy for driving, great stereo system, nimble driving with great visibility, comfy seats, good leg room in bag and lots of storage.

An experiment gone awry
By Mike

2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Not only the worst Acura I have ever owned (this is 4th, two MDXs and one TL), its seriously the most poorly engineered car i've had the misfortune to own. Hyperactive turbo charger fully engages at the slightest touch. Tranny needed to be replaced at 45k miles - Japanese engineering, this is where you've ended up? gas mileage is beyond bad for a 4-banger. Both front windows are loose/rattle. The interior controls are so complicated as to feel like you are on camera and the joke is on you. Only feature i can really commend is the handling, which is excellent. However, ultimately this just feels like a new concept (small crossover SUV) that was done quickly, and thus poorly, which may explain its utter lack of marketplace acceptance

Meh...it's okay
By 1plusinfiniti

2012 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this after driving an 2008 Infiniti EX35, and I totally regret the purchase.
The good thing is it's a bit cheaper on the 36 month lease, but performance is unwieldy and I'm not happy with the interior build quality.

Nothing in particular stands out. Again, coming from an Infiniti EX35, the technology on the RDX is somewhat dated and unimpressive.

Some improvements have already been made on the 2013 version. The turbo 4 cylinder is a terrible engine. No torque in low rpms and then the turbo kicks in wildly causing annoying understeer. Keyless ignition was also added for 2013. I hadn't used an actual key in 6 years before I bought the 2012. Really?