Used 2008 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Love it! Just can't afford it.
By Cone

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this used 3 years ago, from a known and trusted private seller. At first I loved everything except the cost of fuel. It takes Premium, and gulps it at about 19-21 miles/gallon. I love the handling, energy, road feel, nav system, visibility... it is a great ride and I love driving it. Its great safety ratings made my insurance stay the same as the previous car, which was worth 10% of what the R cost me. Here's the problem. I just hit 90,000 miles, and stuff is starting to break. Notably, the A/C compressor... between $900-$1100 to replace. I had to do an inner tie rod. There is something wrong with a strut. There are things going weird with some of the technology, such as the backup sensor system and the driver memory and the map display. My guess about the strut and tie rod is that a road hazard strike a couple of years ago has come back to haunt me. My guess about the technology is that 2008 was an early year in the introduction of some of this stuff. Finally, sad to say, this was my first non-Japanese-made Acura, and its fit and finish are just not as good as the two Integras I had that were actually built in Japan.

Outstanding!
By Christopher Cromer

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Best purchase ever, love it!

Acura RDX
By Medina Wood

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Had this car for 8 years and not once in shop. Very reliable and stayed looking brand new after 8 years. Very pleased with this purchase.

Love my RDX
By Mark

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The handling, acceleration and look of this car is unmatched.. Love the interior and leather seats as well. The only negative is the turbo requires hi octane and the gas mileage is a little disappointing. However, with a turbo you can't have your cake and eat it too.. Overall, I believe it's the best small SUV on the market..including the BMW..

Great if you can live with the compromises
By Drew Engstrom

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is sports sedan masquerading as a luxury SUV. Cornering and acceleration? Great. Cushioned, quiet ride? Nope. I chose the RDX because there are many SUV and truck drivers where I live and I wanted to sit a little bit higher than I would in a sedan - and I am completely sold on Honda/Acura reliability and quality.

Quality and reliability have been excellent and the driving position is comfortable with excellent visibility; my advice to prospective buyers would be to simply understand the trade-offs:

1) The turbocharged 4 cylinder is very responsive and fun to drive - but, don't expect to get much more than 16 MPG when you're zipping around town, or about 23 MPG when cruising on the highway.

2) The taut suspension makes for great handling - but, don't expect a plush, Toyota-ish ride quality; you will feel and hear road imperfections.

3) The car is very nimble and comfortable for an SUV - but remember, this is a smaller SUV and it really isn't any roomier than a smaller sedan (think Acura TSX)

Conclusion; if you like the Acura feel (tight suspension, cornering on rails) and you want something with some power, this is as good a combination of value and quality as you can get in a small SUV.