Used 2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Don't Invest in the NAV Package!

hsg33, 07/25/2017
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is my 3rd Acura. Have always loved the cars. My family all drive them. But this car...11 months later and the navigation system still doesn't work. It looks like I'm driving through the park when I'm driving down major roads. They say there will be a fix, but they don't know when. Don't return my calls in a timely manner. I'm profoundly disappointed in Acura. Won't own another. *Updating this review a year later. They have called my car in once to "fix the navigation system." Still, not fixed. It's now 2 years old. I'm incredibly disappointed with Acura and their customer service. If it impacted more cars, I'm sure they'd have it fixed. But don't seem to have enough customer service to care about the however many folks have been impacted by this problem.

safe, but no acceleration, noisy steering

Simon C, 10/04/2016
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I agree with previous post the transmission sometimes is jerky. Also when you turn the wheel it makes a noisy grinding sound.

Gas door cannot be closed to align the car body

Jim Y, 09/27/2017
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The fuel door does not close to align to the surface of car body. I noticed the case door does't close tightly before I bought it. I thought someone opened it accidentally until the time I tried to close the door. The dealer told me then it is a manufacture problem because they saw more than one MDX like this. The dealership did their best to adjust the door and it is better. I mentioned the issue in the customer survey and then a case was opened by Acura Client Relations. I was told they are thinking this is the characteristic of the car and have no repair solution yet. I am very disappointed with the answer from Acura client Relations.

Is this really a Honda

Joe, 10/10/2016
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Before you buy this car, try the electronic system with the caveats below I have been a loyal buyer of Honda cars for years. However this will be my last purchase from them. I have an 2017 MDX. The GPS and entertainment system is unusable. Don't take my word for it try it before you think about a purchase. GPS does not work- If you try take a different turn then directed on the route, most GPS is will recalculate and redirect you. Not this system. They have made a design change where the GPS will actually direct you off the road. Apparently my dealer tells me that they know about the problem for a long time and hoping for a fix. The car does not allow you to cancel the route as you are driving. The voice activated commands absent do not work. Dealer says they know about this. They tell you not to use the voice activated system. The dealer tells me that the MDX system is not entertainment compatible with iPhone (somewhat odd given their popularity).

2017 MDX

John L Sipe, 10/02/2016
Advance Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Love the car except for the transmission. Poor performance for a quality vehicle. Apparently Acura does not have a fix.

12345...17