Used 2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Fuel Door does not sit flush and ruins the lines.

Tim Asaro, 04/11/2017
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The fuel door does not sit flush and it is appears cheap! Take away from the quality of the car. I only noticed this after getting delivery of the car. The dealership did their best to adjust the door and it is better than when first delivered but after a months the door is back to looking bad. The fuel door appears not closed! That said, each time I walk up to the car, I see that the door is not sitting flush. I contacted client relations and they said they can't change the design at this point and nothing they can do. So, if quality is what you like. perhaps you should take a 2nd look at the fuel door. I am not at all happy with the answer from Acura client Relations nor the dealership knowingly selling this car with this problem. I connected with 80+ 2017 Acura MDX Owners on Facebook and several others stated a similar problem. Acura has not bothered to notice these social posts but they don't hesitate to solicit new owners for feedback on the quality of the car. I reply to all the surveys and restated my issue. Still no acknowledgement. $50k for a car and lip service from Acura.

2017 MDX transmission safety nightmare

One Driver, 07/13/2017
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

My brand new MDX almost killed me yesterday. It drove jerky from day one. It is not just "me getting used to a 9-speed transmission" like the dealer is telling me. It does shift jerky and frequently slows down independent of what I am doing on the gas or brake. Will occasionally jerk strongly and repeatedly like it is about to stall when driving 35mph for several miles with no need for gears to shift at all. I took it back to dealer within 2-3 weeks of purchase. They claimed could find nothing wrong. It continued as before and before I could get back to the dealer a week or so later this happened: Stuck in stop and go highway traffic for half hour. Every press on the gas was herky jerky but suddenly when traffic finally started to move freely, a press on the gas produced nothing but RPM's revving. I took my foot off the gas and tried again 2-3 times. I put on my flashers and barely rolled to the shoulder through the swerving traffic. I turned off the car and restarted to make my way jerkily back home. Second trip to dealer is so far producing the same bs that they can find no problem. I just found several stories online of same problem. Unless they fix this I am not driving this death machine.

2017 MDX

al labrusciano, 12/03/2016
SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Super car at a great price the advanced package as every thing you could ask for in a SUV heater and cooled leather seats.Super ride and power, plus a a lot of other features that are just too many to list

My new 2017 MDX

Marianne Kanning, 09/08/2016
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is a great car for the price. This is my third MDX since 2001 and I put many miles on a car. With regular maintenance, this car can go at least 200.000. A very stylish ride.

Transmission sucks

Kathy P, 01/04/2018
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have owned 3 MDX Suv's and the 2017 MDX is dangerous. It is a 9 speed transmission versus previous 6 speed transmissions and will accelerate and surge forward without you increasing the gas pedal. My previous 2011 MDX was smooth and the transmission never gave me a problem. Acura dealership is aware of this and referred me to the Acura Client Relationship 800# but no fix is planned or recall on this car. Beware you may rear end someone when the car lurches forward.

12345...17