Used 2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Much improved over 2014 MDX

Chuck, 12/12/2016
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The styling, handling, and safety features are the biggest improvement over previous models. The addition of the chrome to a black MDX makes it look sharp. The added safety features are vastly improved. The tranny could be a little smoother. Pairing an android phone can be a tricky situation. Overall a very good choice for a family or if you need cargo space. Set your cruise control to normal instead of adaptive and set your tranny to sport mode to improve your driving comfort.

Big connectivity issues

Jennifer Penley, 11/14/2017
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I love this vehicle overall, except for two main areas: one of which I knew about before I purchased it, and the other of which I didn't discover until after. The vehicle is pretty much top notch in all categories but it doesn't necessarily scream luxury on the inside. It is definitely very well appointed but I was hoping for just a bit more of a luxurious feeling on the inside. That's the negative I knew about and purchased the car anyway. The other negative about this vehicle is the clunkiness of the technology (which I guess if I'd test driven it for more than 15 minutes I might have eventually discovered) and the fact that the iPhone connectivity is poor (which I didn't know until after the fact). All menu and sub-menu options are toggled to and selected via a main dial that's about as big as the channel dial on a very old television, and there's a small bit of lag between pressing/turning the dial and the system responding. In addition, and even more bothersome, is the fact that iphone contacts do not seamlessly synchronize via Bluetooth. I have hundreds of contacts in my phone, and only about 5 of them synchronize. After wondering what the heck I was doing wrong because I just couldn't get my contacts to synchronize - in addition to the voice command system not properly recognizing prompts - I turned to Google and, alas, found forum after forum of other MDXers complaining about this very same issue for years now. In the end, I'd still probably have purchased this vehicle because it was the highest rated for safety in this vehicle class by IIHS and NHTSA, and safety is my number 1 criterion when I purchase a vehicle, but I might not have opted for the Tech package if I'd have been aware of these issues. Another disappointment is the fact that the AcuraLink app doesn't have functionality to remotely start the car, yet it can remotely lock & unlock doors. That ability/convenience would be a small luxury that would go a long way.

Entirely Different MDX!!

Jake, 08/21/2017
Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

This is my 5th MDX- 2003, 06, 11, 16, 17. I had a 2016 w/Tech. Hated it!! Loved my others. The transmission and brakes were horrible!! I should have kept my 2011. But with the help of my dealer, I was able to trade in my leased 2016 for a 2017 Hybrid w/Advance. (I test drove it a month earlier when it was released to dealerships.) Totally different vehicle! This hybrid is what I expected in a petrol MDX. The system is SUPER quiet and seamless. Actually have more power (torque wise) than my 2016. The technology of the Hybrid is nothing short of spectacular! Smooth, quiet, powerful, and informative. Has a cool information screen to tell u what system is working and which is charging the battery! The suspension and brakes are also different from the standard MDX. Much smoother with the adaptive dampers and the brake travel is firm with a short throw. When having my Hybrid accessorized I had a MDX w/Advance loaner. Now I could actually do a comparison. Unfortunately it drove like my 2016 with the exception of stop/start feature which was an annoyance. In the Hybrid, the system works the same way EXCEPT when u accelerate you are actually on electric motors THEN the motor starts seamlessly. By the way it doesn't use a conventional starter! The front electric motor IS the starter! How cool is that. AND when driving you would never know when the engine is on or off unless you are looking at the tachometer! Even when you initially start the vehicle you can barely hear it. And the gas mileage is EXACTLY as advertised- 26.6 city/27-28 highway so far. I cannot see anyone who tests drives BOTH vehicles to not go with the Hybrid. It's only $1500 more than a comparable equipped MDX. The best bargain I have ever seen for this much technology (and I am a tech guy)! Out of the 21 vehicles I have owned since 1965 this by far the BEST vehicle I have ever had!! And that includes 2 sports cars that I loved!! Only one real drawback, Acura is no longer including a spare tire kit so I had to purchase one. One day Acura may only be making Hybrids (so far RLX, NSX, MDX). But for a newly introduced vehicle to the market, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!!

2017 Acura MDX

B. Nine, 08/15/2017
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is my second MDX as I had a 2015. While the 2015 was a fine vehicle I was pleased to see some cosmetic changes for 2017 to grille and headlamps as well as making more features standard like lane warning departure. It has the push button shifter which takes a little getting used to but has been fine. Last night the honeymoon came to a very short stop.The vehicle began bucking and shaking and then all the dashboard lights came on! Engine failure; brake failure; the sound system was going on and off by itself. The a/c would go on and off and the seats started shifting. When I pulled into my driveway I couldn't shut the car off. When I finally did, the sound system came back on. Dealer told me that they were having problems with the vehicle and needless to say, I will be driving the dealers loaner for a while. I'm hoping for a positive outcome but I have serious concerns. No bashing of the Acura brand as I like and respect it.Lets see how they repair it and what the outcome is.

BAD THUMPING IN REAR!!!!!!!!

Evelene Monroe, 07/15/2017
SH-AWD w/Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Need know that this SUV comes with a loud and hard thumping in rear when going over any non smooth road. Please do a real road test not test track.

12345...17