Used 2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Thunder

Rajeev Kalsi, 11/30/2016
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

"Thunder" that's what we named our MDX. That's based on the black on black combo we got. Bought it after selling our pilot (you will be missed). Anyway , the Pilot's big bro MDX is a great vehicle. I have never seen my wife more happy with a car we ever owned, than with this. On the road its calm , serene and commands a presence of its own. If the diamond grill and 22" wheels don't turn much heads, then the jewel eyes sure do it. It has a mind of its own even if you are feeling sleepy and it will tell you that by beeping every time you get too close to another car. Be it changing lanes or head on. Automatic braking is the most understated feature. Come to think of it, there have been times when I was driving another car and wished they had this one feature. Ample space for a family of 4 and spare seats for those once in 6 months or a year need for extra. Yes it comes with 2 memory sets of mirror and seating paired with 2 sets of keys. So when wife drives it mirror automatically set to her taste and when I do , it welcomes me with open arms and pre-adjusted seats and mirrors. Automatic liftgate, keyless car access and ambient lights give a feeling of luxury so does filling the gas tank with premium, only pinching , while drinking. That's about the only pinch though. For buyers, with remorse, who would get a touring or elite younger brother, this gives a justified peace to its owner with the fact that its just couple of thousand more than the younger sibling. It also displays authority, with the body styling, shows seriousness, with 9 speed auto and means business when compared to the touring or elites, of which it claims none but possesses both. Meanwhile I keep finding reasons to get it out of garage for every little errand. For once, no errand is small.

2017 Acura MDX Improved Looks-Solid Performance

J.Raia, 09/11/2016
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Excellent ride and performance. Fit an finish not consistently excellent (lift back alignment not up to luxury standards on my vehicle) but this is nit picking an otherwise very solidly constructed vehicle. Previous Acura product (2000 TLX) lasted more than 15 years and 300k miles. Brand is very reliable and safe choice. Most people will be very happy with the MDX. An great value!

Paid over 50 grand for a LEMON

Dr. Khan, 07/06/2017
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Please read about the problems with transmission. Our transmission went out at 3000+ miles on city driving. On calling we were told by the dealer they have no loaner cars due to airbag recall issues. Suddenly stalls and almost got my wife into a terrible accident. P0730 code came on and we are unable to use this expensive car after just 3000 miles. Buy at your own risks. Sales team was excellent but the Cerritos Acura dealership was rude once we sought help for this terrible manufacturing defect in transmission.

Transmission problems already!

Disappointed buyer, 03/05/2018
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I purchased a new, 2017 MDX SH AWD with technology package in February 2018 from Frankel Acura in Maryland and this has been my experience: The salesperson, Mark was helpful. The car had 378 miles on it when I purchased it. Immediately after driving off the lot, I noticed the timing of the transmission seemed to be off. I was pressing the gas, however the car was hesitating and then it would shift into 1st or 2nd gear, but the shifting was rough, enough to jerk you forward when the car finally moved. When I took the car to Frankel Acura for diagnostics and repair, I was told the vehicle was operating properly. I was also told that I would have to deal with the issue until Acura issued a software update for the transmission. The dealership offered no further action regarding the transmission. I was also told that once the car learned my driving habits, the transmission shifting might get better. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the performance of the vehicle and the dealership.

Okay but far from great!

Ron Possehl, 02/09/2018
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Overall okay...but after 1 year (I wanted to wait long enough to give a fair/accurate review) my biggest issue is the 9-speed transmission. Sadly it doesn't know which gear it belongs in. Around town it's completely confused! For that reason this will most likely be my last MDX...very disappointed....the pleasure is gone! I am already looking to see what my next SUV will be. This is my third MDX but can't believe Acura could put out such a dud/poor quality to save a couple MPG. My wife has a 2016 Highlander Limited that performs circles around my luxury MDX.

12345...17