Used 2009 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

The Golden Retriever of Luxury SUV's

Aaron, 09/26/2016
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first ACURA after previously coming from a Honda Odyssey. The Reliability has been very good. No Major failures, and never left us on the road. Only one repair done under warranty, a right front wheel bearing. All else has been standard service work. Not the cheapest to maintain but not BMW outrageous either. Gas mileage has been below expected at just about 16.5mpg for mostly city use, but the handling and power make it kinda hard not to goose it a bit! Speaking of handling, the SH-AWD is awesome, you can tell when the torque vectoring is taking place, but it's not obtrusive, in fact it's kinda of addicting to engage it. Fun, fun, fun to drive especially on any winding road. Plenty of interior room for our family of 4 and large dog for multiple 1000 mile + trips. Overall excellent ownership experience and most likely will be a repeat MDX buyer.

Favorite vehicle I've ever had!

brod77381, 05/27/2010
Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it's my most favorite vehicle I've ever had! I bought a pre-owned 2009 MDX w/Technology package in black with black interior. I knew I wanted an SUV mid-size and looked at several. The MDX gives you the most bang for your buck.

You won't be disappointed! Great handling SUV!

Gerald Kershner, 04/04/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Best SUV I've ever driven and owned. Take a test drive and see for yourself. Bought it used with noisy directional tread tires, replaced them with Acura OEM tires ... wow, what a difference.

235,000 miles

Shandu, 08/23/2015
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

There is a common electrical issue. From the first 3000 miles there was a short in the radio meaning, when it get hot the sound would skip like a turn table skipping. The XM radio, CD player, AM/FM and DVD player sound would skip. Took it to several dealership from Long Island, Manhattan, and Westchester Acura. No one could find the reason, each saying to return the car at the time that the sound is skipping. Replace the first battery within one year. Twice the battery was dead within six months. Second time, dealer replace under warranty. Third time, the discharge of the battery even though the vehicle was off cause my a/c compressor to blow. The dealer said that the unit was drawing power even though it was off. The pressure build to the point where it cause the unit to blow. Dealer replace the battery and the A/C relay. Also the constant drain on the battery which maybe linked to the HLF/blue tooth system. I had to disconnect the HLF/blue took system. Gas mileage is very weak. Average about 15 miles per gallon on high way, due to heavy foot. Keep in mind I travel at least 160 miles per day. Yes, gas prices are high but I love my MDX. It corners like a dream at 65-70 mph on a curvy two lane country road. I am 6'1" and sit very well In my captain seat. The second row is hard to move forward for rear entry into the third row. Michelin Tires are the best so far in terms of gas saving and road noise. Have changed the following, tire road, oil plan, a/c relay switch, 3 battery on my fourth. Wanted to be the owner who reaches over 500,000 miles but it will be expensive.

Disappointed

mend, 03/18/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is daily driver for my wife and she seems to like the car but this is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever driven. All small bumps and holes in the road are felt in the steering and suspension. Make sure that you drive the vehicle on a long test drive on all conditions of pavement as this was the mistake that I made. Have tried running the vehicle with the bare min. air pressure in the tires but not much helps. Hopefully the suspension will loosen up with time as I try not to ride in or drive this car which is quite a let down.

12345...14