Used 2009 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

The Golden Retriever of Luxury SUV's

Aaron, 09/26/2016
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first ACURA after previously coming from a Honda Odyssey. The Reliability has been very good. No Major failures, and never left us on the road. Only one repair done under warranty, a right front wheel bearing. All else has been standard service work. Not the cheapest to maintain but not BMW outrageous either. Gas mileage has been below expected at just about 16.5mpg for mostly city use, but the handling and power make it kinda hard not to goose it a bit! Speaking of handling, the SH-AWD is awesome, you can tell when the torque vectoring is taking place, but it's not obtrusive, in fact it's kinda of addicting to engage it. Fun, fun, fun to drive especially on any winding road. Plenty of interior room for our family of 4 and large dog for multiple 1000 mile + trips. Overall excellent ownership experience and most likely will be a repeat MDX buyer.

Favorite vehicle I've ever had!

brod77381, 05/27/2010

I love my MDX - it's my most favorite vehicle I've ever had! I bought a pre-owned 2009 MDX w/Technology package in black with black interior. I knew I wanted an SUV mid-size and looked at several. The MDX gives you the most bang for your buck.

Disappointed

mend, 03/18/2009

Vehicle is daily driver for my wife and she seems to like the car but this is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever driven. All small bumps and holes in the road are felt in the steering and suspension. Make sure that you drive the vehicle on a long test drive on all conditions of pavement as this was the mistake that I made. Have tried running the vehicle with the bare min. air pressure in the tires but not much helps. Hopefully the suspension will loosen up with time as I try not to ride in or drive this car which is quite a let down.

Huge mistake!

Jessie P, 07/03/2009

Generally I buy cars based on my trust in a company. I've owned a total of 6 Honda products (including Acura - TL), and all of them have been outstanding. This vehicle is a big disappointment!!! Where do I begin? I buy Honda products (and Japanese vehicles in general) for their bulletproof reliability, but I've had numerous problems with this MDX - been to dealer 6 times! Electrical issues, and a Transmission issue, and some others....and the power/acceleration is very mediocre (300hp?? Yeah, right!), and the ENGINE is VERY NOISY and unrefined when accelerating!!! Shocking for a luxury vehicle. Terrible leather! Sound system, Nav and handling are the only good attributes of this vehicle.

You won't be disappointed! Great handling SUV!

Gerald Kershner, 04/04/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Best SUV I've ever driven and owned. Take a test drive and see for yourself. Bought it used with noisy directional tread tires, replaced them with Acura OEM tires ... wow, what a difference.

12345...14