Used 1994 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Walking could not be cheaper!
By David Dahbura

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after leaving my business card on the windsheild in a parking lot. The car was perfect despite the miles which did not scare me. It has been FLAWLESS, it has had the usual preventative maintenance done but otherwise NOTHING has ever needed repairing. My only gripes are the LOW (very low) front bumper which seems to catch on everything and has now been repaired countless times and the too low driving position, but in defense of the later, I think my age and bum knee are more to blame than the car. I have calculated my costs for this car which I paid $3,000 for, and I assure you, I could not have walked the same distance cheaper than this car has cost. I want another one ASAP

You can take entrance/exit ramps going 90mph.

That front bumper, please not another parking lot with cement headers. Not another sub-division with raised manhole covers. Would love an outside tempreture indicator.

Still a wonderful Car Get One if you can
By jonatbaylor

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This car is superb in almost every way. It has almost every convenience and then some on cars that are only 2-3 years old! The only 2nd generation Legend to get is the 1993-1995 years, since you get the upgraded 230HP motor. The City Mileage is pretty bad at 15-17mpg on average, but if I'm just cruising on the highway I get 25.3mpg. (Properly tuned, PSI in tires and 67mph) I've added some more recent features to it, bringing it a bit more up-to-date. Most people think my Legend is a 2004 model year! The coupes are truly beautiful. If you can score one with low miles and that has been maintained well, you will basically step into a 45k dollar luxury car for no more than 6-7k tops.

6sp Manual, Moon-Roof, telescoping steering wheel, heated leather seats and the overall performance-to-luxury combination. Heck even the rear Coupe windows roll down. This car is great.

If you get one, put a light tint all around to prevent interior fade and heat. Put 17" rims with some quality tires on it, lower it an inch and put some aftermarket sway bars and strut tower brace on it. It will look stock, but it will drive that much better! Do a google search there is a car club.

An excellent, well-rounded car.
By tractor

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car really did give the owners about everything they could need when new, and even as old as it is, it still doesn't disappoint. I've added a few touches here and there like a new stereo system and a short shifter and exhaust and those keep the car fresh. It really is a joy to drive. It allows for a sporty character and 4-door practicality. This car will perform if you know how to shift the 6-spd. Also, a suspension and brake upgrade will keep you happy. Keep on top of maintenance, especially with the cooling system and you will be pleased!

Good performance if you know where to keep the revs at, but not a sports car. Interior quality is unmatched by anything newer from Acura. Looks are still good, especially if you keep up on polishing, waxing, etc. Don't let this car look bad just because it's old. Low-slung, sporty feel. Great car!

The steering wheel is larger than it needs to be. I wish there was an aftermarket supercharger kit for this car. The stock brakes are not incredible, but that's an easy fix. The side mirrors are a little too small compared to the G1 Legend. The car seems to attract pebbles. Low clearance.

A few issues, but love it
By Legendzero1

1994 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I always thought Acura made a mistake when they stopped making the Legend. I bought mine new in 94. I loved it so much I had the heads done when the gasket went on it last year. Some people have had BHG issues, some haven't. Mine was properly maintained and it still went. I still however, LOVE this car. Along with the HG's, the only problems I've encountered are a bad main relay, oxidized paint(to be expected after 15 years), cracking leather(also to be expected), and the typical HONDA rear wheel well rust issues. The styling is unmatched and the ride is sporty and luxurious.

Looks, ride, TYPE II engine is magnificent. I know people with brand new TL's that think my car looks better than theirs.

The 15 inch rims that come on it are too small. I put 17 inch TL rims on mine and coupled with springs it looks sharp. Purchase a backup relay, hood struts and misc. interior parts if you see them cheap, you'll need them. Not because they'll go but you will want to own this car for a long time.

Best car I have ever owned
By RocketRuss

1994 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 80Kmi on it. I put another 80Kmi on the car before I killed it (accident). Amazing car. 1 yr before I totaled the car, I filled the tank with 1/2 107 octane, 1/2 98 octane. Car ran like a dragster for the next 2 weeks. Thereafter, my fuel economy steadily rose. When I bought the car, I barely made 300-320mi/tank. After the 107/98 octane mix, my fuel economy rose to just over 400mi/tank. I always, always used 93/94 octane. I will miss that 6 speed manual tranny. Only thing I didn't like about the car was the front wheel drive. Car looked like a sleeper, but I'd smoke just about anyone...and I'm no leadfoot.

Bose stereo system w/6 CD changer. 6sp manual tranny. Telescoping steering wheel. Heated seats. Memory seats. Power everything. 230HP. Heated rear view mirrors. Vacuum doors.

Rear wheel drive. No power antennae extension whilst CD player is on. Door handles stunk.