2020 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews

$25,900

Save as much as $3,079
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2020 ILX an Incredible Vehicle

Rob, 05/14/2020
Technology and A-SPEC Packages 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Before purchasing this car, I did a TON of reading both professional and consumer reviews as well as watching YouTube review videos. Some professional reviewers get behind the wheel, floor the gas pedal, and then say it's noisy and not fast enough. But the truth is most drivers don't floor the gas in everyday driving. For a driver like myself going to work every day in a normal commute I found the car to be very quick and it also gives a quiet ride! The transmission and engine work very well together for an incredibly smooth driving experience, and both have proven long term reliability. The styling is great, and the fit and finish is quality. It's a very solid feeling car and mine has absolutely no squeaks or rattles. The ELS stereo system with surround sound blows me away and it's the best sound system I've ever heard in a car. The lower touch screen is solely dedicated to the sound system with integrated pandora capability as well as XM radio. The upper screen is dedicated to navigation as well as apple car play and android auto. Reviewers like to complain about the dual screen set up, but I think it's great! My one and only complaint about this car is that the navigation is very dated looking, but hey it works well anyway. The best part about this car is no doubt the value for the money. Compare it to other premium brands and you will pay thousands more, and you really cannot compared it to a non premium model such as a civic because it's truly a cut above in fit and finish. In a way it's in a class all by itself. Also great is that the cost of repair and normal maintenance is nowhere near what you will pay for other premium brands. So all in all I know I made a great decision in buying the ILX and look forward to driving this fun car for many years to come.

DON’T BUY ACURA ILX!

Anna, 04/09/2021
Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I know it’s a huge review but please read it before you make a decision to buy Acura ILX! Maybe it will help you to change your mind! Since the moment I bought a brand new Acura ILX 2020 as a pleasure car in July 2020, I have already visited Dealership 10 times.  The main issue (starting from 3500 miles) –is a very loud and permanent clunking noise that coming from the front side of the vehicle so you can feel it in the floor when tapping the gas while cruising and from the passenger’s side and also hesitation while driving. To solve the issues, the dealership made a decision to replace the right axel (twice) and the intermediate shaft.They unsuccessfully tried to resolve the issue with the noise two times. When I came back with the same problem the 3rd time, they told me that the noise is actually a normal characteristic. When I tried to look for a help in the other dealerships, I had received the same answer.Except my 6th time (Acura of Peabody)- the mechanic with more than 20 years of experience at Acura, who did a joint test drive, told me that the main reason of the noise could be transmission problem (defect) and that, possibly, there is a transmission replacement required. But after couple days of working with my car, the representative got back to me with the answer that the car is acting normal. I have a camera in my car that recording 24/7, and the moment where the mechanic mentioned the transmission defect was recorded.  But when I came home and check my recordings, I found out that that particular piece is missing. I have never had any issues with my camera before! Unfortunately, nobody from the dealership was able to explain me how that happened. To my great luck, I forgot to switch my clock to winter time, and because of that I HAVE that part of video! I decided not to give up and made an appointment with the engineer at Prime Acura. I requested a joint test drive with him, but at the dealership they told me that this is impossible because of the COVID-19. It was weird to me, because they allowed joint test drives with the mechanics but not with the engineers. When I realized that nobody at Prime Acura wants to help me, I went to the independent licensed mechanics who confirmed that the problem exists –“there are hesitation during acceleration and thumping noise during up shifts, problem is indicated as internal transmission or TCM programming issue”. It was the same words that the mechanic at Acura said to me before they changed their minds. In February my battery died (Brand new car!). The mechanic performed the test and told me that the battery died because it was defected. They replaced the battery, but 3 weeks later I found out that my camera was not recording in the parking mode, although it wasn’t before the battery was replaced.I came back to Prime Acura to ask what battery they installed, because before the replacement there were no issues with the camera whatsoever. The answer that I received was the power capacity of the battery is small and the camera is too heavy for it. When I asked them why it never happened to my old battery they just tried to avoid to answer the question and only repeated that the battery is too small. I tried to look up the problem and found a few articles about the camera, stating that the camera can’t kill the battery and can’t cause any damage.I sent those to the Prime Acura rep.I just wanted to get reasonable answers on my questions but instead I received very rude email from him where he says that HE DOESN’T WANT to continue the conversation! Bottom line, I haven’t seen worse customer service that was provided by Prime Acura.They haven’t fixed my problem, they haven’t shown any desire to help or at least sympathy and respect towards me as the client. I DO NOT RECOMMEND to buy ACURA ILX! This 26k purchase only gave me a huge headache and a lot of stress, humiliation and prejudice of my customer and human rights.The actual quality doesn’t comply with stated, car warranty is nothing but a joke and the “premium class” is just a dial tone.

Very satisfied

Percy, 10/11/2020
Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I purchased a 2020 ILX Premium. Not my first Acura. This car is everything it is designed for. Easy to drive, stylish, comfortable for four, power when you need it, smooth on the highway, smooth in town traffic. Fit and finish, very satisfied. Price is great. It is not a Civic, it is not a BMW. If I wanted one of those I would have bought one.

Ad
  • $25,900starting MSRP

Obsessed with my ILX

New Acura fan, 09/29/2020
Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

This is my first “luxury” car. I Initially looked at the Lexus IS but it was $10,000 more and didn’t have all the standard features that my ILX did. Test drove it and it went above my expectations and I ended up taking it home. 😂😂 The only negative I can think of so far is the infotainment system which can be confusing at first.

Neither here nor there

LawyerDave, 04/11/2020
Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I was leasing a Mazda3 premium plus. I loved that car and was inclined to get the new redesigned one, but had some negative feelings about the Mazda dealership experience. Against my better judgement I looked at the Acura ILX. Let me just saw that this car is inferior to the 3 in virtually every respect, and in some ways vastly inferior. But first, the positives: the headlights! This car has the best headlights ever. They illuminate the road extremely well under any circumstances such that I hardly ever use my high beams. Next, the value: it's easily the cheapest "luxury"vehicle one can lease and you do get a great amount of tech for the money as long as you step up to the quite affordable premium package. Apple Carplay? Emergency braking? Lane departure warning? Sunroof? You've got it! And finally, the seats. Extremely comfortable. Everyone who sits in them makes the same observation. Now, the negatives: IT'S NOT A LUXURY CAR!!!!! Rear windows aren't automatic. Seriously? My Mazda had a vastly superior interior. It also had a vastly superior driving experience. Acura's DCT is a horrible transmission, never seeming to know which gear to be in at lower speeds. It hesitates before downshifting and flutters about annoyingly, irritating the driver and probably wasting gas. The 3 also ran circles around this car in terms of handling. The ILX does not do well in the twisties and the noises it makes and general way it behaves just does not inspire one to test its limits and push it harder. It's not completely awful but feels a lot more like a Toyota product, or maybe even an old Buick. Steering/handling are vague. Last but not least, the heating system: the weakest I have experienced in any vehicle, period. Unacceptably bad. I will leave it at that. One may wonder why I got this car given the above. It came down to price. Truthfully, I am paying less to lease it than I paid for the Mazda. And it is very cute looking. People tell me that all the time.