Used 2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used CL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

TYPE S

JAMES THURSTON, 02/13/2004
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT ALL-AROUND CAR.VERY RELIABLE,THE ONE FEATURE THAT IS A BOTHER IS THE FRONT SEAT BELT SYSTEM WHICH DO NOT ALLWAYS RETRACT AND GET CAUGHT IN THE DOOR WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED.

Great car!!!

Fighter, 03/14/2005
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had pontiac GTO 2004 before this car. What a mistake. I love my CL-S. Great engine, seamless interior, classic exterior forms. HID, heated seats. I love this car. I got it for 18K with 20K miles only.

Awesome car.

PB, 09/25/2006
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although used at 68000 when I purchased it, the car was immaculate in and out. It runs well but might need new springs,struts. Also the navagation system needed upgrading. That aside, the car is a dream to own and drive. Love it.

Auto Transmission Woes for CL

rallyhat, 04/20/2002
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 2001 CL Type S went through its transmission in just over one year. Getting a replacement took a month. (I was told they were in extremely short supply due to high failure rate.) Apart from this, my only complaint is mysterious rattles from the passenger side that nobody at the dealership can find. This adds to the noise level that already seems a little high given Acura's reputation.

Very agile, fun-to-drive car

bruce007, 04/25/2002
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This Type-S model is a very agile, fast machine. Handles well on curvy roads. Definitely fun to drive. I cannot believe all the standard equipment, and very high-tech. It is a tremendous bargain in its market group. Excellent sound system. My only issues: I would like the exact car with a telescopic steering wheel and tilt headrests, 1 inch more head room in the front and rear. Please, Acura, come out with a higher-end version.