Used 2009 Volvo XC70 T6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

This is an excellent Automobile strong.
By XC70

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive on the parkways & Interstates weekly great Highway car comfortable great ride but one drawback is I only can get about 24mpg on the open road around town milage is poor. This is my 1st volvo and will never own any other car again its strength in incredable. The service is also very good I have brought the car to a dealer in Riverhead longisland didn't even by the car from the and recieved excellent service

The stereo is superb. The handling is also excellent

Improve fuel Economy Does the car come in a V8

Great Wagon
By Thom Walsh

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As a satisfied owner of a '99 XC70 I purchased the '09 because of all the incentives. What a great wagon! Fast, comfortable, spacious and fun to drive. A big improvement over the "99. The 3.0 Turbo is a blast and the transmission is a seamless partner. Handling is considerably better than any SUV I tested. Considering the weight of this wagon and the horsepower, the gas mileage is fantastic (21mpg).

Engine, transmission, Bliss, Park Assist, seats, space, warranty and scheduled maintenance.

More active information (oil pressure, water temperature) on instrument cluster. Thats it!

Solid Choice
By A.R.

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the XC70 T6 to replace a Passat wagon that was totalled in a car crash- both kids inside. Not as sporty and fun as the Passat, but all of the practical features surpass it easily. The higher ground clearance is great for our winter climate, the AWD is reassuring and the T6 is great for hwy accelerations. As a family with two small kids, the cargo space is excellent and getting kids in/out is easier than in the lower Passat. Fuel economy could be better, but my kids' safety is worth it, especially after our accident. Great interior space for tall/ leggy people too.

It is very practical, but also elegant. The interior fit/finish is beautiful and simple. Proves its worth on wintry roads. It's a beautiful tank and we enjoy it.

Fuel economy. But don't let that stop you. It is a heavy car, which makes it a safer car- it will use up more fuel because of this.

Nice hauler and 21 mpg!
By Pete in Golden

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a demo T6 (4600 miles) to replace our well-used '98 XC (145,000 mi). After shopping the Audi A6, BMW 530xi and Passat 4Motion, we came back to the Volvo due to its edge on cargo size (and utility) and our previous experience with the XC in the snow. We drive the Colo. mountains every weekend in the winter and the Volvo (with snows) is impossible to beat: goes where you point it and stops when you want it to -- inspires a great deal of confidence in bad conditions. The reviews I read about the car's mileage gave me pause, but I'm happy to report that we're getting 21 mpg in mixed driving (with a cargo pod always on the roof). (Same mpg more or less as the smaller 98 XC)

Cargo capacity, winter capabilities, 21mpg in a pretty large vehicle (with a cargo pod on top). Fairly simple for a large, European luxury vehicle (no nav) -- none of the I-drive or other systems found on the competition. Xenon lights. The tan leather is like butter, but could show some dirt...

Make Xenon lights available without the pricey option package -- it's a major safety factor and I'm surprised Volvo makes you opt in (they're standard on my less costly VW GTI). Go back to a regular key -- what's the point of the doo-hickey in the dash? Last, it's higher than it needs to be.

Couldn't be better, very solid car
By lahavespecial

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We test drove an XC90R and the XC70 T6, the T6 was buttery smooth, faster, and more refined. Completely outclassed the XC90. Initially the auto trans. was jerky at times and sometimes shifted sluggishly, but after 3 months, we didn't notice it at all, completely smooth. Mileage in the beginning averaged close to 13L/100km, but now is close to 10.5, after 17,000 Km's, and getting better. This is a very solidly built car, tough, comfortable, builds confidence.I can stand up after 9 hrs driving and feel no back pain! Great winter car, with full winter tires, confidently passed many lines of tailgaters on snow covered highway. Reliable, not one issue to date! AWD engages effortlessly, Ex. in snow

Turbo, this car is fast, and love that dual exhaust growl. Dynaudio stereo is awesome. 4C chassis, norm. soaks up the bumps, sport/adv. for fun. Active cruise control automatically brakes the car, great for rush hour traffic! The Most comfortable seats! 18" Minos wheels. Hideaway storage. AWD, wow!

Maintenance program should have been made available in Canada! Pirelli scorpion tires not the best for winter, (we have a set of Nokian winter tires, excellent)