1999 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: You should be warned

1999 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

You should be warned
By Jon on

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

My wife and I had thought this was the car of the ages. We were looking forward to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd badge. As we approach the 1st badge(100K) we must again drive 120 miles to our neighborhood Volvo dealer to be told my control module computer is out(3rd one) and it will be $800 for est repairs and no the unit is not warranted. If you read the posts they speak for themselves. A great car to drive but a nightmare to own. Someone should be slapped for letting this thing out to the market place. I should have bought the Maxima at the time. I could have bought a new maxima this year with the money I would have saved over the last 6 years.

Favorite Features

The ride is great and the power can be scary with the front wheel torque. Seats on long drives couldn't be better. Sound system cranks---no complaints.

Suggested Improvements

By and far the biggest problem is corporate responsibility. The vehicle issues are consistent with the model and no attempts by Volvo to remedy the situation. Volvo should have recalled the S80 years ago with permanant solutions to make me a repeat customer. Sorry to say I will be going Acura!