Get used to BAD NEWS!
By jjarnold on
1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan
This has to be the worst excuse for a "luxury" car I have ever experienced. Engine seals and gaskets replaced at 60,000 miles ($1,500)- Wheel bearings and tie rods replaced at 75,000 miles ($800) - Driver side power window fell off the track at 70,000 miles ($400) - Throttle sensor replaced 80,000 miles- ($1,200) Now I have more noises coming from the front end and I fear another trip to the Volvo dealer so I can pay $80+ an hour for them to fix this monster that they created. They are kind enough to give me a 10% discount on the repairs. What a relief!!? Never another Volvo in my future - could this be related to Ford now owning this once fine company? I will continue to spread the word!
Favorite Features
I love the seats of my S80 T-6. I will probably take them out and mount them in my game room for the home theatre. I will need to get creative with this vehicle as I attempt to recover my bad investment. I don't think I could ever in good conscience resell this car & I can forget about a trade-in!
Suggested Improvements
I recommend some quality control tweaking at Volvo. Perhaps a frequent repair card system for multiple visits to Volvo Service. These were known issues with the quality of this vehicle and Volvo HQ took no accountability. Their reputation deserves the hit they are taking.