2000 Volvo S40 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - VOLVO S40 happy owner

2000 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Review

VOLVO S40 happy owner
By mathias on

2000 Volvo S40 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car has an excellent response when speed and acceleration is needed. I have put this car at 137 MPH on Alligator Alley and it could have still kept going a tad more had I not cought up with traffic. Getting to 130 MPH is a breeze. Need a stretch to get to the 137 I put it to. Acceleration is very good. I have left more than 1 BMW 325 asking for a second chance. Response from mid speeds is also superb. The interior is suprisingly comfortable. It looks smaller outside but feels large inside, even in the backseets.It is more roomy than the A4 by far. The trunk is very generous as well. The car has had no problems, just regular service and it has 56,000 miles. Best car in its league.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, Fun to drive and the luxury of any Mercedes in its class.

Suggested Improvements

Would like power window buttons not only at the center for front driver but also on the door armrest. GPS would be nice. 16" wheels instead of the standadard 15" would improve handling on tight corners for those who really put the cars to the test regularly.