Used 2010 Volvo C70 T5 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

Yippee
By thirdwiley

2010 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

From its Pinifarina inspired design to its Volvo safety and solidity; this is a great car. After 5 months it is still free of squeaks and rattles. Road and wind noise are minimal at top-up speeds up to 85 mph and top-down up to 65 mph. I average 21 mpg at 25 mph and 26 mpg at 65 mph. The Edmunds review software forced me to select a Manual transmission; it only comes in automatic but the transmission works great.

I particularly like the blind-spot warning system, the curve-following headlights and the folding rear-view mirrors. The Bridge of Weir leather seats are very comfortable. Operation of the top is a mechanical ballet which friends have asked to see more than once. Friends have also commented on its eye-grabbing appearance.

Living in Florida I would like the option of cooled seats along with the current heated option. I also wish that the windows would follow the top; l.e., top up, windows up; top down, windows down. Currently the default position is windows up. I would also like a retractable radio antenna.

10 months into ownership
By doctom

2010 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Quite a nice piece of work. It combines so many exceptional features. First off is the exterior design. Neatly sculpted and quite fashionable. Easy on the eyes and will draw a lot of envious stares whether the top is up or down. Most naturally I prefer the top down. Makes getting to and from work a delight and not a chore. While not the top dog in the horsepower race, it won't disappoint either. Particularly when you want to pass. It accomplishes that in convincing style. I have not to experienced the safety/crash features and hope I never do. Knowing that they are there is reassuring. Fuel economy is quite acceptable. Not having to use premium gas a real plus. I really like this car!

5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. 5 years free maintenance. Loaner car. Loaner car. Loaner car. loaner car

Elke Sommers should be their spokesperson.

Perfect All Weather Convertible
By KW

2010 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the C70 after trading in my XC90. I have never owned a convertible but am enjoying the all weather hardtop. With the top down, this Volvo is really quiet, even at highway speeds. The wind is controlled with the windscreen and the car is really an exciting ride. I have had the car for over a month now and feel the build quality is solid, so far no rattles or noises from the roof. The space in the trunk is great, even with the top down and 4 "adults" can ride in comfort. Overall, I am really happy with my purchase and would recommend this convertible for anyone looking for a spacious, fast, comfortable hardtop convertible.

Spacious and usable trunk, a true 4 seater convertible, the turbo engine and the looks I get when the top goes down.

The upgraded stereo should be a stand alone option (although the standard radio is great) and slightly better MPG's