Volvo C70 first two thousand miles
By tim2it on
2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
Got one of those 6000 imported C70 2007 babies, and I'm really enjoying it. It is Magic Blue Pearl with white interior. Best, most intuitive interior I have ever owned. I think it is called ergonomics. I also get people stopping me all the time to admire the car. Auto trans is a lagger at the light, but acceptable for people who don't care to shift. There is a pull to the right during accelerated lane changes at higher speeds, but again, it is OK if you know it is part of the turbo right twist phenom. I took it to Yosemite and over 9,000 feet mountain passes and the car was fantastic. Overall, it is a great ride, and a nice, safe drive. Let's hope I can get parts as it ages.
Favorite Features
Outstanding upgraded sound system, Looks great with top up or down and I love the overall fit and finish of the product, the solid "thunk" of the trunk lid closing, took me back to the 1950s!
Suggested Improvements
The brushed aluminum touches on the steering wheel, gearshifter, emergency break and door handles are poorly designed. I call it the, "Wolfgang Puck Edition." It conducts and holds heat better than a frying pan. I bought a leatherlike replacement for the gearshifter due to palm burns.