2001 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Sexy just like me!
By Sweet Sexy Ride on 06/09/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I Absolutely love this car! My honey purchased for me. He loves me! I always loved Volvo for safety but when I saw her I fell in love. This car has saved my life and is so dependable! It has the best "get out of the way" I have ever seen! Tractor coming down the road something extended on my side of the road, I couldn't see it until the last second. Cut the wheel at 70 and back. Never Lost Control! I'm still here kids too! Yes a bit rough at times. So what! This is the Only issue I will gladly live with! The top is almost always down. And I can park without worrying about theft. Misplaced the keys once. Could not open the car even by reaching in and hitting the locks. It totally shut down. WOW!

Beautiful but shaky car
By Todd on 07/16/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The C70 is a classically beautiful long hood/short deck design that looks great top up or down. The back seat room and rear visibility is very good for a convertible. This is my 3rd different 4-seat convertible, and the Volvo easily tops the others in that area. On the down side, repairs have been more frequent than I had expected given Volvo's reputation, and much more expensive than I'd like. The cowl shake and suspension crashing over railroads and potholes is frighteningly bad. But when the sun is out, the top is down, and the road is smooth, the C70 is a great joy to drive. It's no sports car, but a grand touring vehicle of the first rank.

convertible volvo
By myorchd on 01/11/07 06:17 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

it's a very fun car to drive with lots of options. it is very reliable and comfortable car as well.

Dream Car was a LEMON!
By pmm on 12/07/06 06:33 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my dream car (not). I had it 19 mo. that's all I could take. In the shop 15x's all minor but come on. I had all the issues prev. stated plus a cracked dash that I was told is common in a Volvo (should have been told before I bought) would cost $2300 to fix. The constant rattle noise was so unnerving that I could not relax & drive. Also my SRS light came on 4x in the shop for each till they replaced the air bag.It was a huge sacrifice to buy this so called dream car that leaked from the window seals so bad that my carpet had to be pulled out and the pad replaced. two weeks before I got rid of it I had an oil leak and thermostat go out. I babied this car there is no excuse for such a rip-off

not up to par
By ttkober on 06/20/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was not meant to be driven on a regular basis. Every interior piece made of plastic that's almost the whole interior has fallen off or craked off since purchased. including drivers mirrors. shade visors dashboard lower panels , door moldings . In addition the transmission has has to be adjusted on a regular basis. the wheels are in constant need of refubishing to to being to thin to deal with winter pot holes in NY , finally threw them away and got sturdire stell wheels and hub caps not pretty but saves on blown tires. about 8 in three years at 65 per tire . I may keep the car as a subday toy for the kids but will probably go back to the Cadillac that I previosly had. Oh the AC CD pl

Disappointing Beauty
By GregA on 02/14/06 22:01 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a beautiful automobile that will turn heads and is fun to ride around with the top down. However if it was not a convt. I would still not own it. I bought it used and got a great deal but if I bought off the lot at $43,000 list I would be very upset. I have had lots of small problems, cd player broken, leaks at window seals, bad wind noise with windows up, cowl shake, small engine issues, and the lights blow constantly. I am shocked to have these issues with a high priced Volvo. I would have gotten rid of this car by now if it was no for the fact that it is fun with the top down and you can actually get adults comfortably in the back.

Good looking Lemon
By alltaurus on 04/22/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Horrible suspension causes breaks and leaks. No turn radius. Its a beautiful car that is fun to ride, but too many trips to the dealership for a high priced luxury vehicle.

Where's the fun
By rc jim on 03/20/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought the volvo for fun. The honeymoon wore off real quick. This has to be the noiseiest car i have ever ridden in. I have the same issues as other reviewers, bad cup holders, can't see out the back window, non moving sun shade, gas cap light (check engine). Enough bad it is a great looking car and the lifting and lowering of the top turns heads.

First Convertible
By Gentoo3 on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Beautiful car especially with top down. When it was new had lots of people asking me about it. Not a sports cars more a grand touring vehicle. nly problem was passenger front window came off track.

Stylish Annoyance
By sixtto on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun to drive when the top is down. Otherwise back seat is useless and annoying to put anything in due to annoyingly slow motorized seats. Visibility out rear view mirror with top up is annoyingly non-existent. Mechanical problems have been annoying but fixed at no charge --recurring front end turning issue that goes away briefly only to annoyingly return. OPening window or door in rain gets car wet.