Used 2000 Volvo C70 LT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Dont ever buy a volvo!!!!
By jennyd9

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

The worst car I have ever bought! the door panels came off a week after I bought it, the door locks stopped working and I had to buy new ones and those still didnt fix the problem, the rear window caved in for a second time, every single light on the dash has indicated something wrong with the car, the transmission is giving out and now the check engine light is on and there is a rocking motion that wont go away. VERY hard to turn, almost like I am driving a bus, and the rocking motion is just like that of a yellow bus starting to move. When I go for a short distance on city streets it starts smoking. This car is so scary to drive and very frustrating. Never again will I ever buy a volvo.

Favorite Features

nothing about this car is good, not even the looks.

Suggested Improvements

the sound that the car makes when it goes over bumps, it sounds like when u rub 2 Styrofoam pieces together, the engine needs improvements and the entire car needs something done with it.

Buyer Beware!
By Big Dummy

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

Nice looking car. That is where it ends. A full array of electrical problems, transmission issues. The dashboard looks like a x-mas tree from day 1. Absolutely a horrible vehicle,. Looks nice, but I went with a BMW this time. A 40,000 hunk of electrical nightmares.

Favorite Features

Looks and the convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Redsign the entire electrical system. Never, never again. What a lemon!

I LOVE it!!!
By lovemyvolvo

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this car after my jeep died. It is a 2000 with 65000 miles on it. I couldn't be happier. Of course repairs on the car can be a bit pricy but I've had few problems. The only issue I have had is with the top chime sensor. It kept going off while driving. Apparently one of the wires was pinching causing the malfunction. I am taking the car in this week to have this issue addressed. Hopefully it won't cost too terribly much.

Favorite Features

Comfy leather, hot seat warmers, stylish.

Suggested Improvements

wish the trunk were bigger or even the back seat would fold down. Also wish the top sensor chime had its own fuse instead of sharing the same fuse with the windows.

Lemon
By clm

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

It was b/w Volvo and BMW. Many more BMW's than Volvo's on the road and I now know why. More defects and recalls than any car ever owned. Dealer unable to fix problems - particularly the roof. Depreciates like a rock. At least mine was a lease. Don't be foolish - a worst buy choice.

Favorite Features

Looks and room.

Suggested Improvements

Stop building and spare your reputation for reliability.

I love this car!
By eggmusic

2000 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this car because it is unique and is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I have had no significant problems with it and the few minor ones (window switch, lamps) were fixed promptly by the dealer.

Favorite Features

Fully automatic top, very comfortable seats.