Volvo Convertable C70
By Theater Guy on
1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible
This car is surprisingly nimble for a convertable, but the cowl has a noticable shimmy when going over uneven surfaces. Had to replace the upper engine mount (some $60 in parts and my own labor) which really helped isloate the engine noise. The 60k service was a real killer (love those Volvo parts prices), but the biggest expense I had while owning this car was the electronic throttle body. It developed a dead spot right in the cruise position and would cause the computer to make the car surge ahead or slow down - as though it can't see the throttle and moves it wide open then completly closed. That cost me a cool 1k but the car drives much better now.
Favorite Features
Love the theater lighting and the Dolby Pro-logic stereo. The looks are first- rate and I constantly get comments on what a great looking car I have!
Suggested Improvements
Fix the integrity of the interior hardware. Normal wear items in the interior (steering wheel) wear abnormally quickly and you have to replace the whole thing. The power top motor cover on the roof likes to come off when closing the roof (I end up with the cover on my lap).