Used 2010 Volvo C30 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo C30

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Sweet Ride!
By Stephen

2010 Volvo C30 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I got the automatic C30 R-Design last August 2015 when there was just over 58,000 miles on the odometer and have since added over 10,000 miles. My previous car was a 2000 Buick LeSabre so I was looking for a vehicle that provided a similar ride but had a bit of fun factor to it. I also need a car that has good seats as I have a bad back. The car is also parked on a city street, so I wanted something smaller that could easily be parked and not get dented. I looked at a 2015 Mini Cooper S, a 2014VW GTI, and this car. The Mini was my favorite when it came to its quirky design but it ends there; the mechanics and overall comfort was pathetic for such an expensive vehicle. I also decided against it when I learned that the Hardtop failed a side impact safety test (which the dealership claimed they fixed by adding more interior padding). The next car I tried was the VW GTI. It was an okay vehicle but the ride was harsh, the seats were hard and not as supportive as older models, and the materials were just cheap (worse than the Mini and that's saying a lot). I then found my 2010 Volvo C30. The seats are impressive but I guess that's to be expected as they are the only ones in the market to be designed by orthopedic surgeons. I was greatly surprised to discover that the C30 has a softer ride than the Buick LeSabre. The car has great vision and safety, as it has large windows and is equipped with BLIS (though I have not turned it on yet). The vehicle also weighs over 4300 pounds, which is heavier by at least 1500 pounds compared to the Mini and VW. The Volvo C30 attracts a lot of attention wherever I go because of its unique design and its great engine note when starting or accelerating. The Volvo has also been very reliable with only oil changes needed. The only downside, but not really for a car this awesome, is the mileage. On premium, I can only get 22.8 mpg in mixed driving but highway mpg easily reaches 32 mpg.

Unique Sport Hatch!
By realcsi

2010 Volvo C30 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2010 C30 R Design (automatic) at the very end of the sales year. It's the "classic style" before they changed the look of the front end. I'm very satisfied with the performance and reliability. I have over 52,000 on mine without any problems to speak of.
This is a great, fun to drive car that's a head-turner. I would suggest that you stay away from the light colored leather seats that wear poorly.

More mile per gallon, without losing much H.P., is always a great idea. Dump the light tan/beige leather seat color as an option. It wears very poorly and can't be cleaned easily.

Great Car for A Great Price
By dugan001

2010 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2nd Volvo, other is a 2001 s60, and am very pleased.
Purchased the base model in Feb of 2009, and for some reason dealer took 6k of the sticker price.
Love the car, drives great and is very fun to drive around town.
The 5 speed auto is very smooth however when I want to have better performance I use the auto shift feature which manually controls the shifting.
Car has all the options I would want, iPhone and Bluetooth work without issues.
I have 5K miles on it and have had no issues. Highly recommend this to anyone considering a mini, which is more expensive and smaller.

Auto shift is takes the fun of this 227 HP car to new heights. Speaker phone built in along with integrated blue tooth means I can control my iPhone from the steering wheel controls. Not popular in the US so it attracts a lot of attention. Get compliments all the time, body style is a real head turner.

Moving the front seats out of the way to on-board rear seat passengers is like a science project. I never seem to get it right and the seat either does not move with the "one touch" manual control handle or if it does it "forgets" my seat position. This is the most frustrating feature of the car. Whats worse when you take it to the dealer they seam to be able to move it with one finger. Maybe it takes years of practice? Wind noise from side view mirrors is minor noticeable distraction that is easily overcome by the radio.

Industrial Chic
By TwelveCrows

2010 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a big fan of the Ford C1 platform. Prior to my C30, I owned an 04 Mazda 3s; I loved it. But as much as I did, it pales in comparison to the C30. It is more comfortable and more solid with a more powerful and responsive engine. Other than the wind noise coming from the side mirrors, the cockpit is quiet-isolating the road noise and allowing the driver to hear that throaty growl when the foot presses to the floor. The automatic transmission is smooth- though I've only used the manual shift feature once. The only problem here is that 227 hp driving front wheels can sometimes make the tires slip- with heavy acceleration like pulling out into traffic. The GTI doesn't have this issue.

The engine is exceptional, as is the balance between the ride and the handling. The R-design is sportier, but I found the ride on the 18' wheels too choppy. I love the simple, industrial design: uncluttered and clean. I think it's called lagam in Swedish: Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Move the power to the back wheels or mount stickier tires to the front. The slippage I mentioned above can be a bit disconcerting.

This is a great little car!!
By Jessica

2010 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am really impressed with my C30. It has the 6-speed, climate package, and sunroof. It handles well in snow and rain so far. I am averaging 28 mpg between highway and small town driving. I took it on a 2000+ mile road trip, and even with all the time in the seat, both my husband and I were comfortable. It does great in mountains, in 6th gear you can still accelerate going up hill w/o having to downshift. Everyone that sees it loves it. I have a 2010 with the previous style headlights (leftover from last year). I like that style better though so I was glad when I found one! Mine has the off black interior and the metallic titanium paint, and it looks great in that color!

The options are great, heated seats are nice, great safety features, good gas mileage, fun to drive, catches everyone’s attention, SUPER CAR!!! Loving it!!! Not as expensive as everyone thinks... I'll keep them guessing! :)

Maybe lengthen the car a little bit for a longer appearance and a little more cargo room.