Touareg in Fort Worth
By CowtownTouareg on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
My Touareg's gas mileage is OK, about 16 city and 20 highway. The V6 engine is smooth, quiet, and accellerates well, though it frequently upshifts. The leather interior quality is superb. It's quiet and comfortable. It has Package 4 including the upgraded stereo (fantastic) and navigation, which I'm addicted to. Overall I think the Touareg is a great vehicle and I would buy one again. It's the best SUV I've owned and feels very safe, which it is. My next Touareg may be a V8. It's frequently more than 100 degrees here in the summer and the A/C works extremely well and cools the car very quickly, and mine is black with tan leather. The rear view camera in the navigation system works great, even at night. It is a real lifesaver!
Favorite Features
This truck is quiet, has good quality, and has a comfortable interior. I love its utility, safety, looks, and value. I'd rate it a 9.5 overall. The Touareg is so well insulated that on a 100+ degree day I can get out of the car and when I return 15-30 minutes later, it is still cool! I've never expeienced that in any car I've ever owned!
Suggested Improvements
I have very few suggested improvements. I prefer a touch-screen navigation system. Also, the tires wear too quickly. Mine only has 10,000 miles and I can see tire wear. I'm getting some road noise from the tires. There's a lot to learn with all the features and I'm still learning after a year of ownership which may say more about me than the Touareg.