Jeep Driver, Loves New Touareg!
By sbcs on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I've had my '06 Volkswagen Touareg V8 about a month and love it. I originaly was going for a V6, a quick ride in the V8 however had me sold. It is smooth and fast. All the comforts I expected from the first look. I like technical stuff and this car is loaded, except for the navigation system. Every few days I find some cool new feature (like the wine cooler glv box). I highly recommend reading the manual as there are many things you need to know to get the full value of the car as well as prcautions, like; don't keep the power steering fully turned for more than five seconds. Driving on mountain roads is a dream, it sticks like glue. It is so smooth that under 25 mph you don't even feel like your moving. Use care approaching stop signs ;)
Favorite Features
I love the power, the Touareg moves well for a big vehicle. It provides great safety, it feels like driving in a vault. The transmission is awesome! The smooth Triptonic remembers the way you shift in manual mode! So when I hit the the mountain, I shift in manual mode a bit, then go back to D and it mimics the manual shift. I repeat this when I get back to the city.
Suggested Improvements
Tires on 19" rims do not protect the rims, I hit a curb and lost a small chunk of tire and scrapped the rim. The dinging sounds are too loud and annoying. A program on laptop is supposed to allow one to edit such stuff (carefully). Also, there is no sunglass holder.