2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Great Start

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great Start
By the king on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The car definitely out shines all other cars in this price range. Performance is the name of the game on the highway. Most cars today lack handling features that are standard on the Rabbit. I test drove the competitors with fuel efficiency atop my requirements. After driving the 30+ mi/gal cars I started noticing a trend toward thinning out the suspension to ensure fluidity of movement. The difference with these fuel efficient cars and the Rabbit is severe. The Rabbit feels solid and grounded where its competitors want to go flying. A majority of my driving occurs on LA's horribly unkept roads with major obstacles every 100 yards including poor drivers with cellphones. I must be nimble.

Favorite Features

Headroom, rear passenger space, one-touch windows, auto trans with sport mode, 16 alloys, rear lift gate latch, center a/c vent, a/c vent into glove box, front wheel drive, Rear seats 60/40 split is very easy to put down and up. Big front doors on the 2 door. Compact size and german built.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to be better timed. It feels like the gear ratios belong on a different car. Pedals are too close together. Air resistance at high speeds from top of windshield. Contis on 16s are absolutly horrible. Come on VW, use some Michelins!