Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Limited Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

ALWAYS TROUBLE BYPASS THIS CAR!
By Renee

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The day after I bought the car the passenger seat got stuck laying flat (my daughter was laying down for 5 minutes while I went into the bank). The electrical system continually goes bad and the car will not start. 2 years in I had to replace the air conditioner. The trunk broke two weeks after I bought the car. I back the car up out of the driveway and it continually stalls out. The oil light never comes on even if the oil is low. I have to replace the headlights and back lights every other month. The Dealership is horrific and I never go there because I am treated so poorly. I pray everyday for something to not go wrong with this car, because it seemingly does.

Update - clutch failed at 20k miles
By

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I tried to add this as a comment to my previous review, but the site was not cooperating.
But, I would be remiss not to provide an update on the resolution.

VW did agree to pay for the repair as a courtesy, acknowledging that it was an unexpected failure to have it happen so soon.
I must admit I was pretty shocked when they told me that, but pleasantly so.

While I am still disappointed that the clutch failed so soon, I must applaud VW for doing right by me and standing by the car.

Clutch failed at 20k miles
By

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

At 20k miles, the clutch completely burned up.
Smoke, burning smell, the whole deal.
VW says the clutch is a "wear and tear" item, like tires or brakes, and thus it is not covered under my 3 yr/36k "worry free" new car warranty.
The repair cost quoted by the dealer is $2400.

I am an experienced manual driver and have never burned out a clutch before.
My previous Jetta (1998) went over 160k on the original clutch before I traded it in.
But, VW insists this is caused by the driver and not the part.

I actually really loved this car until the clutch failed.
But after having that happen, I'm not sure I could buy another one.

Fun to drive Roomy for a small car

A quality clutch. Stand behind your product when it fails rather than blaming the driver.

2010 Jetta LE 1 Month review
By todddr

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Have had this car for 1 month. I quite like it for the price; I turned out around $23k for the LE with sunroof and a few other extras. A friend told me the Jetta was a "poor man's BMW." Well, I used to own a BMW 3-series, and overall value for the VW has impressed me so far. For slightly over half the BMW price I have a German car...granted built in Mexico...but a good solid feel and ride. Decent power, and cruises the freeway at 90 mph quite well. Some reviews mention poor braking--I don't get that impression. Also, some other reviews mention engine noise; I don't find it "noisy" at all...a little growl that I kinda like.

Interior feels "upper class." Sport mode on DSG autotrans is kinda fun. Like the adjustable center arm rest.

Setup of cruise control switch on turn signal is both nice and a pain at times. Not sure I like the DRL/headlight setup.

Check out your dealer first
By Mike

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first vw and it's hard to say if it will be my last.The car seems to drive well and the seats are just Ok for comfort. The iPod connection is supposed to control and charge the iPod as per the salesman. Well, this connection only works on the the old ipods. Funny this is a new car and it works on all equipment. The dealer will do nothing even though they lied to me about its equipment. After I purchased the car they spent about 5 minutes explaining everything. After returning home I noticed a scatch on the dashboard. I then called the manager of O'Brien autogroup and he said I should have noticed it before I signed on the dotted line. In other words you are out of luck.

Nice solid ride.Good leg room in front seats for tall Passengers

Have radio controls on steering wheel, even on the none diesel models. Have VW dealers train their salesman better. Front console only has iPod connection and if you only have an old iPod it doesn't have any room to hold anything-useless