2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Maintenance expensive, had som

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

Maintenance expensive, had some trouble
By HighMileage on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I put over 230000 km in 4 years on my Jetta. It did stay remarkably tight. Parts I had to replace include 5 wheel bearings, a dozen headlight bulbs, a new turbo for $2400., a fuel pump for $550., a turbo hose, various front end parts, e-brake cables etc. The fuel mileage is good and you think you are getting ahead but you pay it all back for the $100 oil changes and $300 every 32000km for fuel filters. My other complaint is the electrical systems, had intermittent trouble with headlights and my door lock system. For a while there I thought I owned HERBIE. Lastly, everybody loves the heated seats because a TDI takes 30 minutes of driving to actually heat up. HELLO TOYOTA HERE I COME.

Heated seats, power roof.

Should have a block heater, maintenance is too high, expensive for a sub compact car, forever to heat up! They eat light bulbs, count how many you meet on the road with a light out. It is rather amusing!!!!!!!!!!