1990 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
MkII
By Nick on 10/19/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 4dr Hatchback

I have been driving this car for over a year. It has exceeded my expectations by ten fold. Also, it is very easy to customize it to just how you like it. Durability is superior to other newer cars today.

Sweet little car that's indestructable
By FoxyPaws on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 4dr Hatchback

My first car. She was the car that could. She could: go fast, drink no gas, pull the people, move the dresser, look good, park in any spot, feel racey. She Couldn't: survive the snow :( Alas my poor car died in the snow and I sold her to a mechanic... going strong now apparently...

Volkswagen GL
By Janice Berge on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 4dr Hatchback

Has performed very well throughout it's life. Never any engine or transmission problems. Body is in excellent condition. New tires all around 5/30/03. Transmission is five speed stick shift.

vws neva die
By Dan Bliven on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

very very good car

Fun Little Car
By kyliemh on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 2dr Hatchback

This car has been fairly reliable, always fun to drive, with a solid build and great design. This is a fantastic vehicle for a student or someone commuting.

Love this car!!!
By jznroch on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought my VW used and owned it for 8 years and absolutely loved it! Nothing major ever went wrong. Only had to replace brakes, muffler, etc. I would recommend this car to anyone. Only problem - any mechanic I talked to said VW's are so hard to fix. I had trouble with mechanics trying to fix it and not knowing how to. Great gas mileage and after 12 years, never once did I have trouble starting it on a winter morning. The heater worked so well it was like being in a sauna after 5 minutes. I wrecked it 3 months ago and am still mourning "my best friend." This car would have ran another 10 years.

One great car.
By B.H. on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volkswagen Golf GL 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my Golf for 12 years now. It has been the most reliable, fuel-efficient vehicle I've owned to date. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy. Good second vehicle...heck..good FIRST vehicle!