Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Great car....BUT!
By dinoscc

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have almost 20k miles on my CC. The car has incredible performance all while routinely getting about 30 mpg - have gotten as much as 38! However, there are issues when accelerating from dead stop which can be dangerous - if you don't press the gas just right, the car will stall or bog down on you for what seems like an eternity when making a left turn - DANGEROUS! Car has manual tranny, and yes I know how to drive! The car even sputters when holding the pedal steady and driving, so not sure if it's an issue with injectors/turbo/or computers or combination. I'd love to buy this car after lease is over, but if dealer can't fix it at next service, I'll be letting this car go - would be a shame.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration, very fuel efficient, great styling/handling/performance - a wolf in sheep's clothing! Car would be great up north in snow since it's a FWD. Overall build quality is high, and car feels very solid. Question electrical/mechanical issues though - and not sure how car will hold up in long term. Driving this car is a BLAST - I have a 6 speed manual and it's a great gearbox - one of the best I've ever had - however lag issues out of first gear from a stop really are troubling - car will either rocket forward or bog down and come to a near stall. Other than that, it's just a FUN, efficient and luxurious car all in one - really DO love this car, except for the bogging down!

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats only for 2 - can't have another child now! Rear visibility is difficult, especially at night - think newer models have backup cams. A/C doesn't quite cool well during these hot Florida summer days when sunny. Lag issue when accelerating is dangerous when making left turns - car seriously will bog down for several seconds if you don't press the gas just right - my wife hates to drive this car because of this. Hopefully the dealer will correct this issue when I take it in for the 20k service next week - many other reviewers claim the same is happening to them with the bogging down - throttle activity is unpredictable.

My VW CC, 1 year 3 months, 20k, since
By rsyed10

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've purchase my 2010 VW CC 2.0L Turbo Sport, 6M, brand new and here's what i have to say. I purchased this car simply because of its appeal and it has been a fun and reliable ride so far. I hadn't had any mechanical issues, just regular oil change, etc. Interior is quiet. Performance and fuel economy is sufficient just above 2k RPM. It has a lot of standard safety features that give me a peace of mind and it's one of those cars you just can't ignore. Great job VW designing nice combination of stunning design and sufficient performance.

Very Pleased with CC
By ten_ugly

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my 2010 CC Sport for over 12 months and have been very pleased with it. It drives very similar to the Audis i have had in the past including an S4. It is not nearly as quick, but provides you with a very tight drive. If you are looking for a cushy ride this is not it. This is tight German sports car that has excellent steering feel. Gas mileage has been averaging 25 - 30 mpg with a 6 speed.

Favorite Features

Large display, bluetooth, interior is of high quality and the drive is ver tight.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a sun roof in the sport model. I bought this car because it came in a 6 speed.

Regret Decision
By migzc

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is the first car I ever purchased new and I really regret my decision to go with Volkswagen. The car is very noisy, has creaks and rattles in the front and back. I have taken it to the dealership approx 10 times and they still can't make it right! There is a very distinctive rattle in the front driver side when going over bumps and they replaced the strut, brakes and several other things and no luck. Now they say it is normal!! Also, the plastic trim behind the rear window cracked for no reason, they don't know how that happened but said they will replace it. The part has been on order for a month!! There is also a major delay from punching the gas to actually accelerating!

Favorite Features

The car does have a comfortable interior and a sleek exterior. It does turn heads and it is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I would ask VW to stand behind their vehicle and if they cannot repair a defective vehicle in a timely and reasonable manner, just replace it and do not say it is "normal" after putting so much effort into trying to fix it.

2010 CC VR6 4Motion
By vr6guy1

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I live in the California Sierra, so AWD was important to me. I opted for the 4 motion VR6, although most professional reviews said it was not worth the money. I am glad I bought the VR6 4Motion. I have previously owned a MB C55, BMW M3, and a BMW X5 Sport. Out of all of these cars, the CC is my favorite because of excellent performance, great looks, and fairly good gas mileage. The car handles superbly on mountain roads. (Note that the VR6 does not come with the DSG transmission in the US-- many reviews are wrong about this).

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the great flexibility of the engine and transmission. I do most of my mountain driving in the Sport mode of the transmission, which is perfectly tuned to the engine. The exterior styling turns heads wherever I go, and the 19" Sagitta wheels are stunning. The interior design is beautiful and functional. I have been in terrible snow storms that stopped other AWD cars, but the CC 4Mo has kept going with traction and stability to spare. Rear seats are surprisingly comfy, and trunk is very large.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are low-slung like a coupe, so car takes a bit of effort to get out of. The Owner's Manual is poorly written (it tries to cover all possible configurations of the car-- in this computer age a good manual for each specific car's configuration would be so easy to write). The car only has about 4-3/4" clearance, so the AWD is not for deep snow driving. I am over 6', but rear visibility is still an issue: get the Optical Parking System (bumper beeper). The I got the 19" wheels, and while the car handles and looks great, the low sidewalls mean less tire flexibility if you hit a pothole or rough pavement. You can easily scuff the wheels on a curb if you park too close.