Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Love My cc
By Leah

2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is fast, great to handle, and the gas mileage is approximately 600 miles to a tank.
A bit on the small side for taller people.
Very happy with my purchase.

The Underated VW CC
By Michael Almada

2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car exceeded my expectations in a host of ways - great value for the money when originally released in 2009. With the 2013 change of model, the price has risen to match the quality level of the car. Fabulous handing and mileage - I could reach 36-40 mgp highway on flat roads like NJ Turnpike; averaged 31 mgp all around. Excellent, durable materials in cabin. Superb styling and equipment. Excellent front leg room for tall drivers and left leg rest. Slight hesitation typical of this 2.0T VW engine on take off. I had NO mechanical issues whatsoever.

Only 2 minor annoyances: odd spring loading on the doors; default setting - only the driver's door unlocks on exiting the vehicle. Also note the DSG maintenance is pricey at $400 every 40K miles.

A sweet shifting ride
By jeffster

2010 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this CC Sport with manual 36 months ago with 30K miles. Now up to 58K and still very pleased. Was looking for something fun and kind of distinctive to replace a 10 year old Maxima and wanted to keep a manual transmission. Was concerned about VW reputation for problems, but so far, it's been okay. Had to replace water pump this last year for $900, and there were two other minor issues (under $250 to fix), so keeping fingers crossed.

The transmission and engine are terrific and, so far, seem bulletproof. Plenty of power and love the turbo. A little lag, but that just makes it more fun when it spools up. Manual transmission is wonderful, smooth shifting, excellent ratios. Teaching my wife to drive stick and she likes it. I encourage everyone out there to seek out manual transmissions. They are disappearing and they shouldn't. It makes driving more fun and your maintenance costs will be lower -- there is a lot less to go wrong with a manual. And any complaints you hear about auto transmissions -- taking too long, software must need an upgrade, blah, blah, blah -- disappear with the manual. You decide when to shift, not the car, problems all solved.

Okay, moving on, I am very pleased with this car. It looks great, nice lines, best view is from side. I have silver. When clean, it kind of looks like a spaceship. Tough to get out of, but that is the trade-off. Very comfortable once you are inside, cool red lights at night. All electronics still work. Bluetooth good. My only complaints are you can't get sunroof with the manual and I really, really miss that. Also, would really like a back up camera, because the sightlines on this very sleek car are really bad. For those reasons, and as I approach 60K miles, I started looking for a replacement, but after testing '13 G37, '15 Mazda 6 and '12 A4, I am actually more satisfied than ever with my CC. Think I will keep it longer and see what happens.

thanks
By robert

2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

auto trans can be jerky with hot weather

The absolute worst car I have owned since....
By Bryan now hates VW

2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is the worst car I have owned since I only had $1700 and I was 17. Broke down like clock work every 3k miles. New transmission, new fuel injectors, supposed "corrosion build up" that I paid for after 50k miles because the right brands of gasoline weren't used...I used the "recommended Top Tier" gasolines per VW. Had to have the whole radio replaced, no bluetooth compatibility, then my car broke down again, then again....then after it broke down again, another fuel injector went out. I was "afforded" a 2014 TDI Passat to drive while under repair. All the electronics we screwed up on it so I couldn't use navigation...due to a yet to arrive "software update" Next, I had a turbo Beetle, the "sport gauges" failed, including turbo pressure and oil temperature at regular intervals, a driving light was already out...all at 8k miles. My advice....STAY AWAY from VW. Absolutely the worst car company I know. I would rather drive a Chevy Cruze than these pieces of ....