1998 Volkswagen Cabrio 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I Love My Little Car!

1998 Volkswagen Cabrio - Consumer Review

GLS Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I Love My Little Car!
By misanthropist on

1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS 2dr Convertible

I've had my Cabrio for only about a month and I've noticed a few flaws such as the tires the previous owner put on it are too big and grind when I have rear passengers. That or my suspension needs an update. My ABS and E brake lights stay on when driving but not ALL the time. A few of the automatic features don't work.. my top is now manuel which I don't mind. My driver window doesn't like to roll up normally. My mirrors aren't automatic anymore. My cruise control I don't believe works.. I havn't really looked into figuring how to set it though, so maybe it does. My seats are difficult to move back and forth and My trunk light doesn't come on. However, those are all minor things to me.

Favorite Features

It only had 98,000 miles. The trunk is very large considering the size of the car. I like the seats shape. The AC works great in my specific car. It can get up and going if need be. It fits in parking lot spaces very easily. It's not a great mountain car but it's a great city/beach car. I just love her.

Suggested Improvements

I suppose nothing.