2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Great little commuter car
By Volocty on 09/11/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. It is everything we were looking for in a small commuter car. My wife calls it the Hummingbird, because it requires so little fuel to get around. We chose the "S" and Power package, which gives you all the features you need. My only complaint is that the Turn-signal indicator is too quiet. We choose the Manual 5-spd and have no regrets. Seats are firm, visibility is OK, center-mount dash layout takes a little while to get use to, but is very nice at night, since there is no light distraction directly in front of you. And we love the style and look of the "S" model.

My cyclops
By fred lowe on 08/26/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Really enjoying my 2009 Yaris liftback. Very quiet inside cabin while driving in town or on highways. Getting about 400 miles per 11 gallon fill up from 50/50 city and highway driving. Very responsive handling and without bending my neck do not hit my head while getting behind the steering wheel. I'm 6'0 tall. Car seems much larger sitting inside than when looking in from the outside. This is the first time I was able to get 2 vehicles inside my 2 car garage and with plenty of room to spare. The lift back door does not hit my garage door when both are fully opened and I can still stand up straight underneath the lift back fully opened with a couple inches to spare.

Too Americanized
By viztor on 08/05/09 06:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car except for driving. Poor handling, steering imprecise at highway speeds, shifting into 5th is clunky, visibility out of vehicle poor (thick door posts, headrests block lines of sight), bigger blind spot than my old car. Our old 1978 or 1981 Civics would eat the Yaris alive and spit out the pieces. Driving is now a chore, not an enjoyable experience. No ash tray (good for storing insurance card, etc.), no external antenna (degrades reception), speedometer needle hard to see when wearing sunglasses, have to check proper operation, but rear seat seat belts seem to be obstacles when the seat is down.

Great Car for Great Price
By Charles on 08/04/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a third car for my commute. I have a Tacoma but the gas was killing me. My wife drives a Prius but we did not feel like spending 24,000 for another car. We got the Yaris for 13,000 out the door and it has been great. No problems at all. Fun to drive, first few tanks of gas has been averaging 36- 39 mpg. Very fun to drive.

All You Need
By Eric on 08/03/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We are very happy with our choice. The Yaris ended up being exactly what we needed. This car looks tiny but has a bunch of room. A 6-ft, 160 lbs man can sit comfortably in the rear seats. Keep in mind this is an inexpensive economy car. What got that, combined with reliability, quality and somewhat surprising performance. A Toyota will hold its value far better than other competitors in this area (Kia, Hyndai) - except perhaps Honda, which costs quite a bit more.

So far, awesome!
By stephen portier on 08/02/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had this car four months and I already have 20,000 miles and nothing has gone wrong. I am in my car all day for about 175 miles on average and I have nothing to complain about. Sure it's not the fastest thing in the world but who expected that? And everything else about it is perfect. Mine stays in a straight line for hours. Not to mention perfect gas mileage for not even being hybrid. I may not know everything but I love this car.

I bought two yarii this week! Woo hoo!
By Cassandra on 07/28/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

For a subcompact car, this one delivers. Awesome fuel mileage is the deal on this car. It won't burn the tires off with take off, but you're gonna get at least 42 mpg with cruise and a/c on! Turn off a/c and cruise, and you're getting 50 mpg. The car is zippy, and contrary to opinion, big trucks do not blow you off the road. The thing will turn on a dime. Park anywhere.

Love it
By Scott on 07/23/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car new two months ago for $11,666 plus tax, tag, title, and yes the $600 fabric/ding protection package, too (price was already negotiated so low I could not get them to come further off the price). I LOVE it. Exceptionally quiet ride for a car of this class. Get 34 mpg in blended city/hwy driving.

TERRIBLE to drive!!
By Kelly on 07/12/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has the absolute WORST driveability of any car that I have recently driven. This purchase is a HUGE MISTAKE and I have nothing but REGRETS!!. It DOES NOT GO IN STRAIGHT LINE ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!!! It needs CONSTANT, and I mean CONSTANT, steering corrections to keep it going straight ahead. So your arms get EXTREMELY tired in a very short time (And yes, I've checked the alignment SEVERAL times). I had a friend's 2000 Geo Metro Hatchback for a couple months last year, and that car tracked waaaayy better (and that's a $1000 car for crying out loud!!!!!!!). It is impossible to take this car on anything more than a half hour drive without feeling your arms are going to fall off!!!

Love this car!!! Jackpot!
By sarahf on 07/06/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 4 door, as I sometimes have to use a carseat, manual trans. I bought this car to commute to work 100 miles/day 5 days/wk. I get average 40 MPG at avg. 70 mph. Great on gas! Comfortable. Large trunk. I have a 3 y/o who sometimes rides with me, we have a larger carseat, it fits! I have not been disappointed with this buy! I have put 8000 miles on it so far!