Fuel sipper and nothing else.
By TT2DC on
1996 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe
I got this car over a month ago and I can see the great gas mileage everyone is talking about. I mean how could you disagree with 33mpg in city driving, which is pretty much all I do with this car(not a good highway car). However some features in this car are annoying. For example when I open the trunk, I have to bend down to get my luggage, when the trunk lid just falls on my head...OUCH!!! Where are the trunk lid holders or whatever you call'em. I'm 5'8" and the car inside feels so small, or maybe it's just me. The last thing is the 4spd. gear box. I mean those are so outdated, though I'm glad I have one because the automatic with 93hp. wouldn't work very well.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage, manuverability. I have a power sunroof on mine(I wonder how it got there). The 4spd. gearbox, which matches with the engine better providing more power than the automatic, and the custom stereo that I have.
Suggested Improvements
The trunk lid is very painful. My color is green, but not any green. It's faded green which looks like it's been in the sun too long. However I don't think that's the problem. How hard could it be to put a 5spd.gearbox in(manual). Make it more highway friendly, it sounds like its at 6000rpm in 4th.