1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews 6

1999 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best Truck on the Market
By redstar24 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck, I haven't put any money into since I've owned it, other than oil changes. I have it serviced by Waite Toyota in Watertown, NY. Unbelieveable service Dept., I think finding a dealer like this makes owning a Toyota the please that it is. I've averaged 22 MPG with this truck, which is good considering I have 265/75-15's for tires.

THE BEST!!
By dwMarc on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is THE truck! I've had it for just over a year (bought used) and it has surpassed my expectations constantly! It performs like the true V6 it is and rides more like a car. This is my third toyota truck and I could never be happier and reliability is top notch! I've never had to do anything with it! I change the oil and rotate the tires as expected but NEVER have had a problem even though it has about 70,000 miles! Finally, I had driven it to Montreal and back a few weeks ago and suprisingly enough it was the most comfortable truck ride I've ever felt (aside from my LX470) probably due to the TRD suspension.

#1 Light Truck on the Road
By quickspy66 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned the truck for 6 months and I haven't had any problems. I noticed a slight jerk when braking; like I was hit in the rear, and found out that it was the slip joint on the drive shaft. Those experiencing a similiar problem should grease the slip joint on the drive shaft. I wish it had slightly better gas mileage, but I did not buy the truck for fuel efficiency, and niether should a prospective buyer. I am 6'6 and the interior leg room is great! I would reccommend Toyota over any other vehicle, I will never buy anything other than a Toyota or Lexus now. Toyota definately puts out a quality product that holds it's resale value!

Excellent!!
By Heathcoat on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck because I knew that Toyota was very reliable and I wanted a truck. I am very pleased with it's performance so far! I have put almost 70,000 miles on it, and have not had any problems with it thus far!

LOVE IT!!!!
By BBB on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tacoma for nearly two year. It is WONDERFUL. I have NEVER had ANY problem with it other than needing an oil change..Offroad it has been perfect. I was in a MAJOR accident with no injury thanks to this truck, although the airbags did no deploy..hmmmm. I have been forced to sell it and am HEARTBROKEN. When I can again afford a truck, IT WILL BE A TACOMA!!!!

Great reliable truck
By icansurf on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have yet to have a problem with this truck. Body is holding up great, not a single mechanical issue and I have owned it for 4.25 years. All I have done is change the oil every 5,000 miles and rotate the tires every 3,000. I average 17.5 miles per gallon overall. If you use the ETC (electronic transmission control) button your gas milage will decrease. I actually get better gas milage when hauling some weight. I have the V6 automatic. In the old traffic light to traffic light drag race, I have toasted the likes of a Nissan Maxima. I never worry about its get up and go. Great reliable truck overall!

Excellent product
By Jerry61 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 99 Tacoma has served me well over 39 months that I've owned it. One problem I had (fixed under warranty)was the airbag sensor went bad but it was replaced. I intend to keep this truck until it rolls over and dies.

Love it
By dpauley on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love it, it good off road and it is only the 2 wheel drive. also good on road.. feels alot of bumps but i dont mind that

I Love My Tacoma
By RotiEatter on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. I drive a 92 Civic with a motor swap and such...it's a nice truck though...wish I had gotten the V6 though...:(

1999 Tacoma Prerunner 2dr std cab
By WAYNE WANSHEK on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have owned truck 3 years. Only problem was dead battery. Dealer sent serviceman to mall lot to start car and replaced battery at dealership, total time two hours. Truck cab is small and seats could be more padded for long trips. Speed control is appreciated on highway. has been great truck. springs could have been stronger, very small load capacity. Would consider new one same model.