XLE Limited 300,000 Miles with only Minor Issues
By walleyeman57 on
2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased this van with 60K miles on it in 2007. Since then I have put over 240 more. This has been the most reliable car or truck I have ever owned. The items I have repaired or replaced include tires, brakes, spark plugs, and two timing belts. I had to have a new A/C compressor last summer. Both power sliding door cables broke some time ago but I have not fixed them because the doors open and close with one finger-they are a waste. This van still has the original alternator, starter, shocks, springs and of course engine and transmission. It rides and drives nice with no real issues. I would rate the comfort very good.
Favorite Features
I thought I would love the laser cruise but on this van I use it only on two lane roads when passing is limited. The auto dimming rear view mirrors are great-esp. the drivers outside mirror. The folding seats -including the front passenger seat are great for trips and allow passengers to recline and put feet up. The HID headlights put out great light and illuminate signs and markers much better. I typically get about 23 MPG overall.
Suggested Improvements
Drivers seat is the most comfortable as the other seats hinge high and do not fit me well. The cables on the power sliders should be stainless to prevent rusting.
By walleyeman57
on 07/15/13 09:42 AM (PDT)

Just turned 350,000 miles and no other issues other than those mentioned above. Change the oil, tranny fluid, and the timing belt and plugs every 100K and that is it.