Used 2000 Toyota Sienna XLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

A BEST BUY if ever there was one
By h37338

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I've owned literally hundreds of vehicles. I've owned this the longest; purchased with 70k, now have 175k. This has proven to be one of the most comfortable and versatile vehicles I have ever owned and one of the most reliable. It has NEVER let me down. NEVER!!! I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with it because it does everything I ask of it whether hauling people or 25 bags of mulch, or towing a boat. Kids are now grown and my wife says I should sell. I can't bring myself to do so. It really is family...

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, versatility, cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

The turning circle could be tighter, the multi-disc CD player is famous for failure, rear seats could be lighter and therefore easier to remove (they are beasts to move by yourself). No way most women could do this without help.

great used car
By Tom

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought this car with 100,000 miles for my wife to haul her kayak in. It now has 175,000 miles and we use it for everything including trips. Rides and drives nice, dependable. No problems.

Favorite Features

ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

fold away seats

Very Reliable
By Most Reliable

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I have owned this Sienna from day one, and so far w/95000 miles it has lived up to the reputation of Toyota by being the most reliable van I have owned. Have there been problems, sure, but minor: rear brake squeal and sliding power door sensor. Other than routine service, it's been a pleasure. Hope to have it another 7 years w/200,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Safety, comfort, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Make one biofuel capable.

Our XLE Sienna
By Doug

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We bought this as a certified used van in 2003 w/28k. It now has 103k and still going strong. This has been a great van. The interior space is a little smaller than our old Previa was, but it has been ok. Since we have owned it we have had very few repairs beyond normal service. The window guides had to be replaced at one point and we had an O2 sensor replaced. The leather is starting to show signs of wear, but generally still in good shape. Gas mileage has been about 18 in the city and 23-24 on the highway (I drive fast). I would buy this van again with no regrets.

Favorite Features

Reliable, comfortable drive on trips, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly enlarge (the newer ones are).

Perfect Mini Van
By y2komar

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car used. I have only done routine maintenance and I am very happy with it. Great family vehicle. Not too big or small, not too fast or slow. I have 116k miles on it and it still runs like new. Love it.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, sunroof, 3.0 toyota engine. Perfect size mini van, very good quality.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags front and rear.