2003 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Silly Quality Problems in a Gr

2003 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Silly Quality Problems in a Great SuV
By dwingate on

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used from a respectable dealership. This SUV does a great job towing my 3500 lbs. trailer. But, in the 8 months that we've own the car we've had broken Interior Door handles on both driver and passenger side, faulty gasoline tank sensor unit, and rear brake drum retention pin which came loose and eventually chewed up the brake shoes and drum. This is my 1st Toyota and compared to my Honda Accord I'm surprised by the Silly Quality problems which one would not expect in a High Priced SUV like this, which I've had in this relatively short time. It's making me wonder if I should have bought the Pilot?

The Sequoia came prewired for the electronic break control needed to toe the trailer. It made it easy to hook up the Prodigy controller.

I like the Extra Large Moon Roof, but I find that I have to drop the back window down a little bit to keep the wind noise down if I ever want it open. Unfortunately, when you accelerate hard, like going up a hill, the exhaust fumes coming into the car become overwhelming and everything gets shut.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review