1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Amazing Little Truck!
By ssgtparker on 09/11/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Truck was purchased right off the line from my Father-in-law in 1994. It was then passed down to my wife 7 years ago. Now i drive it as my main mode of transportation for 3 years now. This Truck is rode hard and put away wet. It outperformes every other car i have ever had (except my 2012 Corolla). It currently has just under 280,000 miles and shows no sign of slowing down. Still has every original part in it! Toyota made a really smart move with this truck. I plan on having this truck for another 100,000 miles. I'm sure it will make it there!

long life great truck
By uccolts on 03/14/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

had this truck since i was little now that im driveing its the best car to start with and fun to take off road

Still kickin!
By gprats on 02/12/11 04:08 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I totaled my Nissan Sentra back in 2001, my mom and step dad gave me his 94 Toyota Pickup. I was told that the truck was in excellent condition and shouldn't have any real problems with it. As always, my parents were right! Here it is 2011 and she is still kickin. No major issues. So far, have only had to replace the battery, starter and thermostat. Has had a small oil leak for several years (which has been unable to be pinpointed). Currently at 240,000 miles. Still averages 24/mpg. I love my little Yota!!!!!!

She's a beaut
By still truckin on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I always wanted a truck like this one since my moms was such a great truck and then i finally got one (with 408,000 miles when i got it) and man could it 4x4 lol i threw a lift and tires on it. it was ultimately gonna be my awesome 4x4/daily driver truck until i fell asleep and totaled it. i liked it so much i'm gonna get another one and get a str8 axel and put a 3.4 in it and get my cold air intake,exhaust, and other things off of my totaled truck and put them on this one. i will finally have what i always wanted. i love this truck

favorite of the Taliban
By hugho on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is my first Toyota Truck. I have 2 dodge cummins 4x4s and this is my new favorite 4x4. I purchased the truck very cheaply because it was overdue on maintenance and was involved in a fender bender. She needed front axles,brakes, service all around, tires, replacement of lubricants and a tune up including valve adjustment and timing chain inspection as well as some simple replacement of body panels and belts and hoses etc. I am a mechanic who can work on any vehicle and my impression of the truck is it's durable, overbuilt and easy to service and replace parts. The 4 cyl has excellent economy, the V6 is very poor by contrast and access is tighter than in the 4.

Bring this truck back!
By JB on 09/07/10 08:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I am the org owner used it for both daily commute and work around the home. The Toyota shop manuals I purchased with the vehicle are by far the best manuals ever written with clear diagnostic steps and drawings. The 4 cyl engine is a real work horse. To date (130K) it always starts, gets 18 mpg around town, doesn't leak oil, and is able to push the attached snow plow in deep wet snow. The light weight body makes 4 wheel driving easy, even with stock suspension and tires! This vehicle has out climbed my buddies souped up 4x4s, able to go up steep inclines, or through deep mud with ease. It's so tough, I think it will outlive me!

USA Trip Was Fabulous
By Wonger on 08/15/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this brand spankin' new in 1995 with 70 miles. In 1998, I took it on a "USA Counter-clockwise Perimeter Tour". In 11 days, I drove 9600 miles. My first leg was non-stop from L.A. to Houston. I drove 24 hours straight (except for gas/food) for 1600 miles. Currently, I spend about $500-$750/year in maintenance, but it's been well- worth it. I hope to double the 185,000 miles I currently have on it.

Great truck to have
By stephen on 07/31/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 350,000 miles on my truck, replaced clutch twice timing chain twice it was due oil changes every 5,000 miles I pull a trailer with zero turn more just about every day and it still going I need bigger truck and trailer now for 2 zero turns and it is going to be a Toyota

Money well spent
By Leonard on 06/16/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1997 after 1982 accord was finished. Knew 1994 Toyota pick up was reliable and it has proved so. Hit a deer and had some repairs to the front and have had 3 radiators but that is the worst repairs that I have had to have that I didn't cause. Ran through high water and had to have the engine drained and dried out but the engine still ran great after that. Basic maintenance (oil changes, belts etc) should keep the engine going for well over 200,000 miles. Great truck!

I love my little Truck
By dee on 04/28/10 17:25 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

My father bought me this truck and I have loved every minute. I got it used with 100k on it, now it has 178k(I think) and is still going. I of course has to replace the clutch because I learned how to drive on it, but other then that there has only been 1 other $$$ repair on it. Some of the wiring is going out like the speedometer is not working and the e-brake lite comes on by it's self. One thing that I wish it had more of was more speed. At least I never had to worry about getting a ticket on the freeway. I am so glad that I have been able to drive this truck it is a pleasure!!