1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )
This car is worth buying and keeping
By Chris Johnston on 06/30/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

If you want a car that can take a hit and still get you to the market this is the one. I've have seen what this car can take first hand and it's a lot. I got this car and thought it was ugly at first then after spending countless hours cleaning and detailing it, putting rims and tires, tinting the windows and lowering it, it was turning heads right and left. People would come up to me and ask what kind of car was it? I'd just smile and tell them and they get a puzzled look on their face. It's a what? Toyota Cressida what that? It would take about 10 min to explain to them.

Still one of the best for the money
By RoadWarrior06 on 12/19/06 07:14 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

If you eat up cars like I do driving 50k miles a year you have no business wasting big dollars on high priced new cars. Still want style and comfort, look to the Cressida - it is a poor mans Lexus and the build quality is excellent. If you can find one in good shape and take care of it, it will last 240k or more. I am getting 26 mph highway with mine which is good for a 3.0 6 cyl The seat comfort and ride handling made a 1000 mile trip back from where I bought it seem easy. This car was way ahead of its time when it came out in 1989 and 1992 was the last year for the Cressida. The Avalon was its replacement.

Many Years of Reliability
By card on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new, and it has been a pleasure to own for fourteen years. It remains good looking to me despite the years, and I still find it fun to drive, as it is quiet and handles very well. It has been very reliable, with the possible exception of the need to replace the air-conditioning evaporator, although that might be effect of the South Florida climate more than anything else, as I had the same problem with several other cars I have owned here. I can't really bring myself to get rid of this car.

Nice For a First Car
By Spudmhan on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Nice car. Had every thing an 18 year old speed demon needed to be happy. Unfortunately, I was too much of a speed demon and wrapped myself around a telephone pole. Car got toasted, but I survived. All hail Toyota!

TRULY EXCELLENT!!!!!!!
By STEVEN W on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

THIS IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR EVER BUILT!!!!! I HAVE A 1990 CRESSIDA WITH OVER 200,000 MILES ON IT AND NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

Best Cat I Ever Owned!
By pakamac on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as an insurance write- off. It had been front-ended and subsequently rebuilt. After checking with the body shop (who supplied me with the maintenance records from day 1) I realized theat Cressidas were built like tanks! Controls felt like new (35000 km on car). Nice surprise - newer motor with 50000 km installed when car rebuilt. This car was to have been just a "beater" until we could afford something better for wife but has become primary transportation and will be restored to as new over next couple of years. If you find a good 1998-91 Cressida at any price, BUY IT! You won't be disappointed.

Valuable car
By WMS on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I owned a Toyota Cressida for almost 2 years and I think it is a very good cruising car. Drive it carefully, use premium gas and get the maintenance jobs done in time, that's important. Head gasked failure can possibly be avoided by retorquing the head bolts. The car has a pretty good mileage for a V-6 engine (up to 30 mpg on the highway) and good performance. It shifts very smoothly and has a very good suspension. I wouldn't recommend the car for very tall persons.

I wish they still made them
By montanawarm on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Actually I own a '85 Cressida. Purchased new from Dealer. Best car I have ever owned, bar none. Still driving it with 218,000 miles. Hasn't been tuned-up in 6 years & still running like a top. Interior, is worn out though - Leather just does not hold- up.If I could find another Cressida, I would buy immediately!

The Lexus before Lexus
By 90Cressida on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

We had this car since it was new, and it still runs great. As long as you keep up with the maintenance, the car will give you great cruising comfort. Last TOYOTA 4 door with an Inline 6 and Rear wheel drive.

a nice car
By hadi on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is fantastic