2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Why Corolla is The Most Reliab

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Why Corolla is The Most Reliable
By Robt-Cobb on

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 103000 miles on my 03 LE Corolla. This LE will last 400,000 miles just by changing the trans fluid every 10,000 ml, oil at 3,000 ml, spark-plugs at 10-15 months. Tires when worn. The higher wheel base keeps the car from scraping the curb. You can also repair (or find mechanics to repair this car) very cheaply! With premium or high octane gas I get 34cty/40hwy. And I drive at speeds of 70+ mph! The speakers are fine but I hate the lame radio/DVD which is too hard to swap out! And the space doesn't accommodate any of the popular MP3 players! The larger headlights are a welcomed improvement. And the higher door and head room is a great improvement for my bike and computer stuff.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive? Whatever that means! ie; The car drives predictably, has very quick acceleration. Brakes are Ok, not great. Love the rear view mirrors-under lamps. Love the faux wood finish. Love the larger tires -195/60. R15, and can fit up-to a 16 inch tire. Love the dashboard's white background.

Suggested Improvements

Poor quality tires! Get Pirelli tires. Use better paint! The paint chips easily and is cheap, compared to other cars. Needs a relescopic staring wheel. The 8-spoke Toyota hub caps are chintzy, as one of my center Taurus-decals fell off. I don't like day running lights!