1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
The first car i drove.
By xmoparmanx on 04/24/11 18:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I used this car as a teenager before i got my truck (thank GOD i finally look like a man) and it was a good car to learn to drive in. that is, if you dont mind looking like a little guy. but for real now. the car is very reliable for the most part. the few problems we've had with the car is the powersteering pump failing, the alternator breaking, and the starter not working. but other than that its been quite reliable. the only thing though is, it is in no way a high speed car. i drove this thing on the interstate and i was scared to go 70 cause the engine was pushing as hard as its little self could.

Good all around car.
By gps_junky on 08/19/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great car. Sad to see it go down the road. But my clutch has slipped away. Not the most comfortable car for a 6 foot male. My knee was always rubbing the middle radio area, or cup holder thing. I think they could have made it a tad bigger. Good gas mileage all in all. Had over 230,000 miles on it and still seemed to be good on gas. My back seat back rest seemed to come loose over time. Not sure what that's all about. You can still sit in it and its still safe, just couldn't figure out how to put it back on.

Toyota Corolla 1995
By dly on 07/07/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever had. First Corolla 1979 model had over 300,000 miles before engine was done. 1995 Corolla have only had to change starter couple of times.

Total Reliability!
By phillie phanatic on 11/05/04 10:04 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have used this car primarily for work commute of 60+ miles one way. It has gone through pouring rainstorms, snow storms, and ice all as easily as on a dry road. I have never been stuck or left stranded by this car. No matter how cold it's been outside, it has never failed to start right up. My only repairs were routine; oil & filter changes, tires, belts, etc. This little baby is a 5-speed stick and didn't need a new clutch until 198,000 miles! After 274,000+ miles, it is still getting 36 mpg! It just passed inspection and 1st time emissions test without a single problem! I could not have asked for anything better and this little car is still going strong!!

Engine will out live the body
By mathis30240 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Although I'm a truck guy, I can't kill this car. I needed a reliable car to get back and forth from work, and this is it. I got the car for $800 from a friend. It needed the LF Hub replaced (additional $100). Cars been great. Taught my son to drive stick in this car. It took a beating, but the car survived!

Excellent
By jian on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

it never give you a problem after putting over 100,000 miles

li'l Ms. Dependable
By Figgy on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Toyota did it right with this one. She starts in the cold and gets out of snowbanks when the BMW next door gets stuck. She got over 600 miles on a tank on the highway. She smiles and takes all that's dished out. She even has 2 cupholders. The only strange kink is that she gets all foggy inside when more than 2 people are in the car on a cool day. I carpooled 5 teens at times, plus me--crowded and foggy, but do-able. Sometimes she asks for higher grade gas, but generally makes few demands.