Used 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

True Love
By Jen

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this beautiful Celica a year and a half ago and its been nothing short of amazing. The way it grabs the road, the power of LIFT (GT-S only) and no hesitation at speeds way above 100 is mind blowing. I love the looks I get from people who often confuse it with Lamborghinis and Ferraris, only to be further shocked that it's by Toyota. An amazing car, especially in Solar Yellow.

Favorite Features

The design, absolutely perfect - a real show car. The looks and complements I get from people. Rock solid performance AND reliability. Very comfortable, even on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Bring Celica back! A big mistake, they let go their finest car in the lineup along with MR2 and Supra. I expected Toyota to stick behind their finest, not end their production.

Cool....
By hercules00

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.

Favorite Features

The look, the engine sound, the VVTi-L kick, the steering, the mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Some more low end torque. Better build quality. Better dashboard plastics (the present ones look cheap).

cELLLLL
By celicaboy

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Under powered and over priced

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

More power

Fun Car
By check

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This Celica gets more stares and comments then any car I have ever owned. Kind of funny to see a 58 year old women driving it I guess, from young kids to adults it is an eye catcher, and handles great. My husband talked me into buying it, at first I was not sure and now I am glad I did!

Favorite Features

Good Handling, easy to slip in and out of.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to get use to the high spoiler, perhaps could be a little smaller, but then that is what makes it so noticeable.

AWESOME!!
By Chrissa

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

from the moment I got behind the wheel of this car, I fell in love with it. It feels like jumping into the cot pit of an airplane. It drives nice...the gas is touchy..but its something to get used to. Anyone who is in love with sports cars should definately buy this car!

Favorite Features

the interior, the exterior, the metallic pedals, and the pick up and go! If you want to get there fast..this is the car to get!

Suggested Improvements

I love this car so much, i can't think of any improvements!