2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
True Love
By Jen on 07/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this beautiful Celica a year and a half ago and its been nothing short of amazing. The way it grabs the road, the power of LIFT (GT-S only) and no hesitation at speeds way above 100 is mind blowing. I love the looks I get from people who often confuse it with Lamborghinis and Ferraris, only to be further shocked that it's by Toyota. An amazing car, especially in Solar Yellow.

Cool....
By hercules00 on 07/10/05 00:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.

cELLLLL
By celicaboy on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Under powered and over priced

Fun Car
By check on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This Celica gets more stares and comments then any car I have ever owned. Kind of funny to see a 58 year old women driving it I guess, from young kids to adults it is an eye catcher, and handles great. My husband talked me into buying it, at first I was not sure and now I am glad I did!

AWESOME!!
By Chrissa on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

from the moment I got behind the wheel of this car, I fell in love with it. It feels like jumping into the cot pit of an airplane. It drives nice...the gas is touchy..but its something to get used to. Anyone who is in love with sports cars should definately buy this car!

the 2003 1.8 liter gts celica
By tony/jyz125s on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

fast great proformance good shift time and clutch ,got the stock cd player and the factory speakers really sound good for being factory

Steph
By Gigglebox0835 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I Love it and u will too!!!!

fun celica
By Eryc on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car, at first I bought an 2000 Acura Integra Type-R but I didn't like it despite it's pure performance, I had bought my mom a 02 Celica GT-S Panasonic Edition and it felt so much better just to ride in that car and it had some good features. I do enjoy my 03 GT-S quite a bit, superb handling which is really important, unique look, great interior design and comfy fitting seats. It is an overpriced vehicle with lacking torque but in balance it has good resale value and reliability which is more important. A downside to this vehicle is the blind spots, I can no way see out of my left rear window..

RPM
By dimsum on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Comparing this 2003 model to the previous '99 model, the rpm redline is lower, which lowers performance in acceleration, which ticks me off, now toyota was stupid for doing this,i want my old celica back dam it.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By V8 smoker on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I Love this car so much. Although it's slow at first when accelerating but after 6800 RPM's you can feel the rush of a great amount of speed. It kinda catches your opponent off gaurd. I love this car. It's better then my Eclipse. oh yeah...smoking mustang gts is fun.