2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

2003 Celica Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
True Love
By Jen

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this beautiful Celica a year and a half ago and its been nothing short of amazing. The way it grabs the road, the power of LIFT (GT-S only) and no hesitation at speeds way above 100 is mind blowing. I love the looks I get from people who often confuse it with Lamborghinis and Ferraris, only to be further shocked that it's by Toyota. An amazing car, especially in Solar Yellow.

Favorite Features

The design, absolutely perfect - a real show car. The looks and complements I get from people. Rock solid performance AND reliability. Very comfortable, even on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Bring Celica back! A big mistake, they let go their finest car in the lineup along with MR2 and Supra. I expected Toyota to stick behind their finest, not end their production.

Cool....
By hercules00

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.

Favorite Features

The look, the engine sound, the VVTi-L kick, the steering, the mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Some more low end torque. Better build quality. Better dashboard plastics (the present ones look cheap).

cELLLLL
By celicaboy

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Under powered and over priced

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

More power

Fun Car
By check

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This Celica gets more stares and comments then any car I have ever owned. Kind of funny to see a 58 year old women driving it I guess, from young kids to adults it is an eye catcher, and handles great. My husband talked me into buying it, at first I was not sure and now I am glad I did!

Favorite Features

Good Handling, easy to slip in and out of.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to get use to the high spoiler, perhaps could be a little smaller, but then that is what makes it so noticeable.

AWESOME!!
By Chrissa

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

from the moment I got behind the wheel of this car, I fell in love with it. It feels like jumping into the cot pit of an airplane. It drives nice...the gas is touchy..but its something to get used to. Anyone who is in love with sports cars should definately buy this car!

Favorite Features

the interior, the exterior, the metallic pedals, and the pick up and go! If you want to get there fast..this is the car to get!

Suggested Improvements

I love this car so much, i can't think of any improvements!

the 2003 1.8 liter gts celica
By tony/jyz125s

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

fast great proformance good shift time and clutch ,got the stock cd player and the factory speakers really sound good for being factory

Favorite Features

six speed and the vvti head is a most and the inside of this car is great also you cant help but like the style of everything in it and on it

Suggested Improvements

go to the 2.2 liter engine again from the fourth generation celica that would be great for the gt-s then that would aslo give it over 200 hp so it can stand out with the other new cars of its class

Steph
By Gigglebox0835

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I Love it and u will too!!!!

Favorite Features

the whole car nothing to hate

Suggested Improvements

t-tops/convertable

fun celica
By Eryc

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car, at first I bought an 2000 Acura Integra Type-R but I didn't like it despite it's pure performance, I had bought my mom a 02 Celica GT-S Panasonic Edition and it felt so much better just to ride in that car and it had some good features. I do enjoy my 03 GT-S quite a bit, superb handling which is really important, unique look, great interior design and comfy fitting seats. It is an overpriced vehicle with lacking torque but in balance it has good resale value and reliability which is more important. A downside to this vehicle is the blind spots, I can no way see out of my left rear window..

Favorite Features

Unique styling, percise handling, short shifts,

Suggested Improvements

More torque, power seats, new rims, blindspots. The only thing I would actually want to be seen changed is give it more torque or high gain in low end rpm so it accelerates a bit faster like the Integra Type-R.

RPM
By dimsum

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Comparing this 2003 model to the previous '99 model, the rpm redline is lower, which lowers performance in acceleration, which ticks me off, now toyota was stupid for doing this,i want my old celica back dam it.

Favorite Features

I love the VVTL-I, becuase it is the strongest variable valve timing i ever felt in a car 25K and less.

Suggested Improvements

RASE THE FREAKING REDLINE!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By V8 smoker

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I Love this car so much. Although it's slow at first when accelerating but after 6800 RPM's you can feel the rush of a great amount of speed. It kinda catches your opponent off gaurd. I love this car. It's better then my Eclipse. oh yeah...smoking mustang gts is fun.

Favorite Features

The interior and exterior looks. It gives off a very fast looking apperance.

Suggested Improvements

maybe if you could get the boost a little bit lower RPM's then 6800.