Love My Hot Little Ride!
By Jessie on
2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback
I call him Sherman Tank as he ranks #1 in crash test ratings for sports cars in his division. Got rearended a week after purchase. I bought b/c I had long drives home from work and wanted to have fun while being stuck in a car. It's a "get noticed" fire engine red car and for all it's looks, it runs beautifully if you take care of it. I unfortunately bought it used and they did not disclose that the air intake and filter were installed by previous owner and now I have to find places to clean my high performance filter instead of just replacing normals ones. Overall - it rocks!!! I will keep until I buy a newer version!
Favorite Features
Spoiler is set just right so it blocks blinding headlights behind you at night. If mirrors are set correctly, there should be NO blind spots (never a problem). HUGE TRUNK/HATCH! I can fit way more stuff in trunk than most people can in a sedan. Dash board, etc. make you feel like a space ship.
Suggested Improvements
NO MORE RECALLS!!!! Recall for Master brake cylinder and now daytime running lights are non-compliant - too bright and may inhibit other cars from seeing turn signals in front.