Used 2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Elle OnWheels
By Elle OnWheels

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

The thing burns through the oil. If you don't supplement it, immediately it wears down the seals and eventually will blow your engine. The thing burns through tires like crazy too. My engine has blown..but I'm not opposed to trying again with another. I'll just be extra careful about the oil! Also, don't try putting anyone above or below the age of 8 in the back seat. Carseats don't fit well and neither do legs.

Body is hot, interior is cool, stereo is awesome, love the sunroof, love the hatchback storage.

Better engine integrity.

Fuel efficient and sporty
By celicaperson79

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had a few minor hiccups owning this car but overall it's been an enjoyable experience. I haven't had any major mechanical malfunctions since I purchased it. The car isn't the fastest on the market obviously but it's quick and gets good gas mileage. It has a unique look as well which gets attention even though it doesn't have the power to back it up.

I love how it turns heads and how it handles on the road.

I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the fuel efficiency for a bit more torque/horsepower. The variable valve timing doesn't kick in until you're close to redlining.

2000 Celica GTS review
By hoodlum

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

One of the first GTS buyers. Love the 6sp manual. Unbeatable handling/brakes in class. Could use more torque. Great gas mileage. Visibility out back not great, takes some getting used to. Ride is very good considering the outstanding handling. No mechanical issues, have only had to change oil, fluids and tires for 80k miles. Can't beat Toyota reliability.

Handling, brakes, fun to drive.

More torque. CD player skips. Limited slip diff would be nice.

Awesome Car
By pinkparadise42

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had my GTS 6-Speed Celica for a yr. now and I absolutely LOVE it! Looks and runs great! In the past year I have had it, I had to take it to the shop once which warranty paid for. I would defintely recommend this car to anyone! It looks great and is a blast to drive!

Looks and comfort

Can't really think of any right now.......

75K miles and NOTHING has ever broken!
By Mark Karagianis

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This is really a wonderful car, the best and most reliable that I have ever owned. I still have the original brakes! I routinely get 26-28 MPG city, and 30 highway, but that's at 80- 85, where the car wants to cruise. The only thing that I miss is a limited slip differential, as when the power comes on, its hard to avoid wheelspin in 1st and second, expecially in the tight turns. Still looks great, too. I really don't want to sell yet . . .