2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Why Didn't I Get the Hyundai?

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE V6 Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Why Didn't I Get the Hyundai?
By Sadbuyer on

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel like such an idiot for getting this car, even after reading reviews about the transmission issues, during the long test drive I didn't hear/feel the lackluster trans. I could have gotten a 2011 Sonata for 5K cheaper then is (26K, but the only reason I picked the Camry was due to the "Strong" V6, but this damn transmission doesn't let it deliver the power right away, feels like there is a 3-4 second gap. I just had a close call on the freeway where I needed to "gun it" and I had no instant response which forced me off onto the side of the FW. If I knew Hyundai was going to offer a turbo Sonata I would have waited, in fact I'm planning on waiting for it. Be safe Camry owners!

The seats and control layout is very simple, but nothing special. It's hard thinking of good things about it.

Please go back to your roots. I feel back that I prefer my 1998 Camry V6 over this bloated bland thing on wheels.
By vizyo
on 05/07/11 10:23 AM (PDT)

I have 2010 LE V6 as well. I never had such a problem. This car has different driving style and it is all computerized. When you want to accelerate, you have to push the gas pedal down rapidly, then it becomes like a rocket instantly. The computer optimizes the driving for better gas consumption.