2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Not what I expected from Toyot

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Not what I expected from Toyota
By Kay on

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE model and enjoy it's spunk. What I don't like is the numb steering feedback and the feeling that the car is not solid in contact with the road. The driver seat feels like sitting on slats of metal giving it spring instead of cushion. It's caused back issues and hip issues to climb in and out. The transmission is not smooth at low speeds with a slack or jerk feeling on take-off and at slow speed. The transmission feels indecisive. The SE's special cloth is a nightmare to keep looking clean. Two recalls on this car make me "regret buying it" and recalls have already decreased the resale value. The stock Michelin tires seem to generate too much road noise.

The Camry is roomy and rides smoothly for the most part. The engine has plenty of power and is responsive. The SE suspension rides best when pushed on curvy roads. The SE looks great!

Road feel please! I like to know I'm in control of the car not floating on a marshmallow. Upgrade upholstery to more nonporous fabric or softer. Don't locate USB port in back of cubby where it can't be seen or accessed while driving. Smooth out the shift actuators in transmission.