2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
First Toyota Purchase
By Janebtalking on 10/08/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven American company cars and this is my first foreign. I test drove seven other cars of the affordable mid-size range. I felt the Toyota was by far the superior of them all. The comfort, the interior layout, the power, the effortless gear change, the exterior and the options is what sold me on this car. I have read reviews stating the Camry is boring. Sure, if you buy the basic edition. The SE is the way to go if looks is your concern. The road noise vs. most others was the most noticeable to me. There is no comparison, the Camry is incredibly quiet. Very happy with my decision for this car!

Pleasantly surprised
By Ray on 10/06/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never considered a Toyota ever. I've had almost every make, Honda, Nissan, Volvo, VW, Chevy, Ford, BMW. A Camry was the least likely. I must admit I'm blow away. The exterior is beautiful, the interior is laid out elegantly. The ride is firm and supple. It isn't super agile, but agile enough to be fun. Overall it's a lot of car for the money, I couldn't be more satisfied.

EXCELLENT
By JonJon1223 on 10/05/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded up my 2007 Corolla SE to a 2010 Toyota Camry SE and I am very happy with my decision. The Camry SE looks sleek, drives like a dream, and is very quiet...even on highway driving. I do a lot of highway driving and I'm averaging 32mpg. The 2.5L engine has plenty of pickup and is smooth. I love to drive this car! Lexus quality without paying the price!

Camry XLE 2010 problems
By Speckled Hen on 10/05/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Problem switching the radio over from XM to Sirius. I have had so many problems with this car. The remote key does not work well. You have to hit the button several times for it to unlock. The interior starting falling apart about a month after I bought the car. The visor on the driver's side has the stitching coming out, the front passenger seat fell apart. The engine also makes a loud and strange sound. The dealership said that this was a new engine that they just starting installing in the 2010's. This car has been so awful. I wish I had looked around more before I purchased. I also do not get the gas mileage that the sticker promises. When driving highway I only get 27 mpg instead of the 32 mpg stated.

Great Car!
By Raider68 on 10/01/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking at the LE and the dealer asked me to look at the SE model. I am sure glad that I did! For $1500 more you get a lot of equipment. I love the special seats and ground effects package.

Great car overall...but...
By Lukewarm in Florida on 09/28/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car back in the spring right when the new model came out. I love the new styling and the interior, ride and acceleration are great. The upgraded stereo with satellite and bluetooth is amazing for a factory stereo. Connect a good MP3 to it and you will be amazed at the sound quality and clarity. The voice-activated bluetooth works very well so far. If you are considering this car, PLEASE NOTE: The new automatic transmission shifts smoothly in highway acceleration and cruising BUT the auto transmission does NOT do well in stop and go, around town driving...it never seems to know what gear to be in and downshifts rather harshly when slowing or coming to a stop-very annoying!

2010 Camry LE
By JL Brown on 09/25/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the new 2010 Camry LE4, Gold w/sunroof and alloy wheels. Now have 2500 miles. This car has never exceeded 20/gal. I like the interior/exterior design and features. 16 inch wheels with Bridgestone tires. The tires sound like truck tires. Extremely noisy. Reflections of the top of the dash and back head rests onto the windows is unforgivable. This is my third Camry. I would rate it below average of the 3.

Toyota Finally got it right
By carowner on 09/22/09 00:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First off, I am a current owner of a 03 Camry, and when the 07 Camry came out I was disappointed with its transmission hesitation. It was nothing like my 03. I waited years for Toyota to fix this to add a second Camry to my fleet, but the 08 was the same and 09 wasn't promising although they fixed it slightly. When I saw the '10 Camry that had a new 6-speed tranny and new 2.5L engine, I took it for a test drive, and was sold on it. Rest assured the transmission shifts FLAWLESSLY. Smooth, and timed right. The Camry is back!

A luxury car with a lower price
By ToyotaFan on 09/20/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very impressed with this car. The seats are very comfortable, better than any other car I have driven. The driving is "plush" more than "sporty" which I prefer as I don't want to feel every bump in the road. The engine is quite powerful and has plenty of giddy-up. Braking is very sharp. Very quiet vehicle. Excellent turning radius. Gets up to 32 mpg on 87 octane when driven on highway even though it is advertised at 28 mpg (how often do you see that?). Visibility out the back of the car is still pretty good, and the rear view camera helps quite a bit. I feel like I am driving a luxury car. Good workmanship.

very uncomfortable driver seat
By horrible front seats on 09/16/09 02:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2010 Toyota Camry XLE V6 last 8/19/09, I commute to work 150 miles each way, about 300 miles roundtrip and this car is very good except for the very uncomfortable driver seat. the seat thigh support is not long enough to be comfortable, I'm 5'9" and after 1 hour of driving, I would start to have cramps on the back of my right thigh. The driver seat cushion is not thick enough to be comfortable. My buttocks starts to hurt after 1-2 hours of driving that I want to stop driving and get out of the car to stretch my legs to relieve the cramps on my right thigh and relieve pressure on my sore buttocks. I usually drive 3 hours each way to work, about 6 hours roundtrip.I weigh only 225 lbs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan in NJ is:

$208 per month*