Used 2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Never own anyhing but Toyota
By Kevin

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the 06 V-6 a few months ago with 74k on it after having an 04 4 cyl. Absolutely love the feel of the V- 6 the power is awesome and the car shifts extremely smooth. Getting rite at 28 mpg back and forth to work everyday. Driving 30 miles round trip. The quality of Toyota can't be measured against any American vehicle. Plan to drive this car til it falls apart!

Bright Electro Eluminated Gauges that come on when you turn the switch on and disappear when you cut it off. Kinda like a lexus.

None really!

Life as a Teenager Driving A Camry...
By O_o

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I might only be 18 but have owned 3 cars my entire life, a 1993 300zx, an '07 Rav4 and my most recent car, an '06 Toyota Camry (all awesome cars in their own right). This car is not the fastest or best looking car I've owned, but it is the most comfortable and probably the best built car that 2006 had to offer. I have 80,000 miles on my Camry and it is the only car I plan on keeping until it dies (at the rate this car is going by the time it does die my children would have died because of old age). The car drives like how it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. It doesn't rattle or make any noises whatsoever. This car will cruise at 90 very, very happily all day long. =)

The layout of everything in this car is very well engineered. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. The factory upgraded stereo system in the car sounds very good. This car needs only basic maintenance.

While nothing in this car feels cheap it is very, very bland. The tranny bucks and skips at low speeds (a problem that I've had since the beginning). Brakes are mushy, but last forever. Paint was sprayed on by a two year old.

Nice allround
By Bill

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

Power with good MPG

Dig having a power moonroof but it has its bugs.

Love My Camry
By dc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't drive my car that often but when I do it is like driving a luxury car. I don't have any complaints about the car. I have had one problem with the car. The throttle body position motor had to be replace on the car with the mileage under 10,000 miles. Car had no power (get up and go) at all and check engine light came on. Fixed by local dealership. Runs great now.

Camry is roomy, quiet and a dream to drive.

Jerky/Slow responding Camry
By ramankgb

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry gives impressive fuel economy for a V6. Reston, va to Erie, pa on a tank of gas. Very silent compared to my 2.4L Camry. The fit and finish are excellent and is the interior comfort. Excellent JBL stereo option. The only problems i noticed was, The transmission shifts back and forth at low speeds. It gets very annoying especially in rush hour traffic. I am assuming that to save on cost, the same tranny as the one used in 2.4L or 3.3L was mated to the 3.0L. Also, the Drive by wire system response is tragically slow, especially during accelaration for passing other cars, to the point that it can become a safety hazard, as the driver is unable to judge the passing time.

Automatic Headlights, JBL Audio Option

Drive by wire computer and Transmission ratios