1998 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
High School Car
By Monkeywrencher on 11/24/09 13:40 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Love my old Camry
By Ellen on 07/31/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have been looking for a new car for almost a year now, and can't justify getting rid of my 1998 camry. I really love it. I know with all the miles I have on it, I will need to do something. Major thing was cat- converter and that was just recently. The V6 is quiet and drives great. Mileage is fine. Never though I would keep this car for 12 years and not want to get rid of it after 12 years.

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin on 02/09/07 08:19 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

keeps on runnin'
By Da Bears! on 12/23/05 00:43 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Just passed 150k miles on this baby and it still runs great. Other than regular maintenance, no major repairs. Only minor problem is with the trim on the driver's door (the vinyl on armrest is separating).

Amazing Reliability
By she-ra on 12/20/05 22:07 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car five years, drove 150,000 miles, and have never had to take it to the shop! Incredible, amazing, wonderful reliability. I'll never buy anything but a Toyota again. It's such a perfect car that its only problem is that you'll be bored with it long before it wants to die.

Runs great.
By chicagocamry on 12/19/05 12:59 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Traded in RWD sports car for this FWD sedan to deal with Chicago winters and never looked back. This thing just keeps going and going. Did some regular maintenance (oil, brakes, tires, battery, struts), but no mechanical problems for 8 years now. Has over 120k and drives like new.

best of many
By Gurple on 01/07/05 23:37 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 98. My only real gripe with the car is seat comfort, the seat bottoms are too short and I have never fit the car. I guess I should have paid for a power seat, maybe I could have found a comfortable position. Durability has been terrific, 92 thousand miles, orig brakes, only replaced battery, gas cap, tires and tail light bulbs. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The V6 engine has excellent power and is smooth. I'll buy another Toyota, but one that fits me next time.

blown engine
By karen klein on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I had 105524 miles on my car and it blew an engine. I understand this is a problem for Toyotas the last few years. Car was well maintained, but went from a 7000. asset to 500. in one day.

Can't Lose
By Quinton on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

The Camry LE V6 is an outstanding vehicle because it does everything very, very well. Reliability is outstanding, servicing cost is reasonable and the car is a joy to drive. Interior is absolutely functional with clear,easy to read dials, knobs and controls. The most satisfying car purchase I have ever made. Can't say enough good things about the vehicle.

CAMRY vs. ACCORD
By shawncarter on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

From used to having a 1998 Honda Accord EX to now a Camry I feel more like a Toyota person and feel more at home plus maintaince costs are cheaper!