Used 1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Second Time Owning A Camry!
By Mirac

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I first purchased a 2001 Toyota Camry LE back in 2012, when I was 16. It drove comfortably, handled perfectly, and performed 5 star rating worthy. About three months into owning the car, I actually totaled it. I was hit by a 2013 GMC Yukon that was going 65 mph down a residential speed road and t-boned me. I walked out of that accident with bruises and aches, nothing else. My Camry TOTALED that BRAND NEW YUKON! What does that say about a Toyota Camry? Everything. I now am in college and I bought a 1999 Toyota Camry LE, because I knew that the Toyota Camry was reliable and worthy of a second run around. The car runs, drives, handles, and performs altogether... yet the same! I cannot complain, and if anyone is looking to buy a reliable, first time car, or a car for a college student who cannot afford something newer, then this is the car for you. The gas mileage is better than the site says, my car can drive to Tallahassee and almost all the way back without needing gas. That is not an exaggeration, and the insurance is inexpensive! Great car, and I definitely suggest buying this car.

High School Car
By Monkeywrencher

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Color, Rising Seats (I'm short), Sun roof, V6, High HWY and City miles, large trunk size.

Better parts for the windows, clear coat on trunk peeling off fast!

Love my old Camry
By Ellen

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have been looking for a new car for almost a year now, and can't justify getting rid of my 1998 camry. I really love it. I know with all the miles I have on it, I will need to do something. Major thing was cat- converter and that was just recently. The V6 is quiet and drives great. Mileage is fine. Never though I would keep this car for 12 years and not want to get rid of it after 12 years.

After-market remote starter trunk and seats that fold down, V6 engine.

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

Sounds system routinely impresses other people who think it must be aftermarket. It's not. Four speakers sound like 6 and the bass is great. The gas mileage usually hovers around an average of 26 mpg and up to 32 on highway trips. It's also quiet and smooth to drive. Great cupholders.

More comfortable seats, larger radio controls, better brakes, leather steering wheel and shifter cover, an engine that heats up faster on cold morning. My brother's Honda seems to heat up way faster somehow. I'm nit-picking now. There really isn't much to improve on.

keeps on runnin'
By Da Bears!

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Just passed 150k miles on this baby and it still runs great. Other than regular maintenance, no major repairs. Only minor problem is with the trim on the driver's door (the vinyl on armrest is separating).

V6 engine has plenty of power and still gets decent gas mileage.

Change the angle of the rear window to improve visibility out the back. It's difficult to judge distance while reversing when you can't see the end of the car.