1997 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: The Perfect Car

1997 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

XLE V6 Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Perfect Car
By yayyyy on

1997 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Everyday I'm impressed by some subtle ingenious design feature on this car, such as the clock display is brighter during the day than at night, or the moonroof still closes even after you take your key out of the ignition. I've never had a problem in the 110000 miles I've put on it, and I've even gone several thousand miles over the suggested oil change without issue. I was thinking of switching to a Saab but after reading those reviews I'm sticking with this Camry. It also has many luxury Lexus features like dual power seats, a quiet engine you can't hear, Harman Kardon sound system, etc. We have one Camry among five cars (two Audis, an Odyssey and a Corvette) and we fight over who drives the Camry every morning.

Favorite Features

Conservative styling, very quiet V6, problem free, large trunk, dual power seats, headlights turn off when door is opened, Harman Kardon sound, high quality interior materials (better than our 2002 Audi), big moonroof, fairly fun to drive, great car. The Camry is clearly the best vehicle money can buy.

Suggested Improvements

Hard headrests, not very bright headlights, paint looks less than stellar after ten years, highway cruising noise louder than I enjoy.