1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Gone but not forgotten
By zronbo on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought with 19,000 in 95. My wife then I drove this car until last week. Gave to 16 year old daughter and she totalled (not hurt)this week. Had 198,000 miles and drove and rode better than my 2000 & 2001 Camrys. Only regular maintenance timing belt oil and tires till replacement of distributer at 190,000 (stalling problem like previous reviewer). I miss this car.

Best car I've ever owned
By Bob Freed on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry SE V6 2dr Coupe

Except for maintenance items (battery, new brakes, timing chain, etc) I have put nothing into this car. It has never let me down. I would love to keep it forever. The V-6 is a bit of a gas hog and does not have "pin you back in your seat" acceleration, but is fun to drive.

Expected Value
By Scarface on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 1994 Toyota Camry LE 4- cyl two years ago with 80,000 miles on it. Its been two years now of me owning the car and it has help up in the best way. The ride is smooth and everything works the way it should. I have had no problems with it. It now has 150,000 miles on it and is holding up like a worrior.

Me & the Camry: Till Death Do Us Part
By CamryDan on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Been driving this Camry for 4 years now, have put on about 60k miles on it. Very reliable but has had trouble (a handful of times) starting in cold weather. Everything works great. Average gas mileage is 21 or 22mpg. I get a bad smell from the A/C (but Lysol has helped with that). Has better turning radius than Accord. All of this said, this car has not endeared itself to me like the 1987 Acura Legend that it replaced (or 1978 Volvo 245 before that).

Hard To Let Go Of!
By AustinCamryOwner on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE 2dr Coupe

We've owned this black coupe since it was a year old, and the reliability has been astounding. Simply put, it has never left my wife stranded and broken down - ever. And maintenence has been just the minimum required. While the 4 cylinder isn't particulary sporty in nature, this car wasn't purchased for that purpose... it was purchased for comfort, decent style and reliability, and it has delivered all 3 exactly as expected along with great fuel mileage.

I love what you do for me Toyota!!
By ToyotasTheBest on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for 10 years now and it is still running great! It is THE most reliable car! I've been driving it for four years and only once have I had to take it to the shop. The engine overheated. I was without my car for two days (and I missed it terribly), but that was it. While other cars would be going through repair after repair after 10 years, the Toyota Camry encounters no problems and still runs as if it were almost new! My Toyota Camry has turned me to a Camry buyer for life!

Good except for the 1MZ-FE
By loser65 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 2dr Coupe

If you get the V6 of the 94-96, be prepared for maintenance. When I hit 100,000 miles it started to develop some leaks and have water pump go out. I did run it hard, but I still expected more from Toyota.

Best I've Owned
By msmurray on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

This Camary wagon is awesome ! I have owned many cars and none have been as reliable. The interior is still perfect,the exterior could use a mirror glaze. The oil consistently has the look of Honey...Excellent Car !

Fell Apart Fast
By benisj on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I loved this car until mile 103,999. Recently started while driving. If stalls, won't restart for 15-60 min. No check engine light. Several mechanics, no one can fix problem. Tried cleaning EGR system and throttle body, going to try replacing distributor next. This is a common occurrence (google search: 94 camry engine dies quits stalls). Everyone explains exact same symptoms. I still love the car, disappointed at how fast it fell apart (went from random to daily in under one month). Now afraid to drive it. If buying a used one, have a dealer check EGR system, distributor, and ignition coil!

Camry Rocks!
By Otisspunky on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had this car a few years now and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Granted after I passed 100K there were minor adjustments needed (new O2 sensor, new starter). Toyota builds a great car. And the 94 camry should last well over 200K miles if you make sure to change the fluids regularly.